My random stuff

Will Vale

Hi folks,

I thought I was going to end up with loads of builds this year, but there are a few languishing in the so-close-to-complete section which aren't going to contribute to the final score. Still, I'm pretty happy with this lot, especially those that were built under the auspices of one group build or another. Click the pictures for the Flickr galleries, I'll see if I can edit in the build threads later.

Academy CV9040B in 1/35, built for the Swedish Military Group Build. Lots of masking fun!

8420672843_9e8e4acc51_c.jpg

Bandai EFSF Salamis class light cruiser in 1/1700. A quick but fun build with LEDs for the bridge and engines.

8360252566_c3af61f6e9_c.jpg

Tamiya's Yamaha YZ250 in 1/6 for the Motorcycle GB. My joint favourite model this year, I still haven't managed to take a good set of pictures of it though.

8615822856_f5d017412f_c.jpg

Tamiya F-117A Nighthawk in 1/48 with Eduard etch (just the Zoom, I think). Part of Operation Be Less Afraid of Planes.

8490217191_35984b7668_c.jpg

Soda Pop Miniatures Super Dungeon Explore figures - non scale. Fun to paint, they're very different from the GW style.

9303685593_83beb4d4f5_c.jpg

Industria Mechanika Drone Sniper in 1/6. My first resin kit, with some modifications (mainly to the gun) and additions. My other favourite, I really enjoyed decalling this one and building the base.

9412697691_50f2c5e587_c.jpg

Games Workshop's Warmaster Araby Guard figures in 12mm-ish scale. Not reet big.

9489002785_7dc1e2c452_c.jpg

Games Workshop's Dark Vengeance Terminator figures in 28mm-ish scale. These were *way* more fiddly than I expected, but I really like them - there are five altogether in the squad.:

9620646322_5e5859fb45_c.jpg

Italeri Westland Wessex HU.5 in 1/48, for the Helicopter II group build although I didn't get it done in time. Thanks for all the support and advice, particularly to Colin who really inspired me to try and do a proper job of this one despite the kit's shortcomings.

9926699136_10889e1841_c.jpg

In the "almost there" category, I finished Trumpeter's very nice Tupolev Tu-160 but I haven't taken any proper pictures yet since the base still isn't 100% done. I also got quite a long with with this LCAC for the 1/144 scale group build, but it needs weathering and some other stuff finishing off. Hopefully it might make it into the yearbook before the 1st of January.

8849940946_2bb98428fb_c.jpg

Last-minute entry: This was a super-quick two week build at least a month ago, but I've been lazy about the base. The latter is still not really done, but I wanted to get some pictures of the plane before the end of the year.

11662490724_06df2deb8e_c.jpg

11662918836_f0b23f89c2_c.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Will

• Like 1

Thanks folks, they are nothing if not diverse! Slightly surprised that I only managed one AFV though.

Liking the lcac, i rather fancy one of those

It's a decent kit, the vinyl skirt was annoying though - very hard to avoid the varnish cracking but you do need to decal it so it has to be varnished... Pit Road did a more expensive boxing with a resin skirt, if you find one of those cheap it'd be worth going for.

Will

Holy moly, what a fab set of models for the year. I still love that YZ250 from the M/C GB, I watched it evolve in to a masterpiece. The Drone Sniper runs it a close second.

Some realy fantastic build there Will. The drone which we saw lots of, magic. The Wessex for the helo GB, bloody nice finish and the Yami for the M/C GB simpley sublime and I do like the LCAC as it was another stolen British invention along with the Harrier et al! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Colin

The water effects under the hovercraft are awesome, but I will admit to initially wondering why you posted a pictute of your Yamaha motorcycle without also posting a pic of the model you built. Talk about realism!

Really enjoyed your builds.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks! I'm just in the process of adding some new pictures of the Tu-160. The base isn't done, but the plane is so I reckon it's OK to count it as part of 2013's efforts :)

Cheers,

Will