Hello, my name is Jim, and i'm a Spitfireholic...

blueliner

Yes, about 2500. Been collecting 40 years. My son goes into the stash and just helps himself.

He is quite a master armor builder. He's commandeered my armor, my 1/200, 1/144 A/C and my Luftwaffe '46, so my numbers have decreased

When I learn how to post pics I'll show his stuff.

BTW... I just bought an alley cat Spitfire prototype. Mmmmmmm... resinnnnnnn.

WOW I though having 6 was bad and my wife hates I've got 50-60 models unbuilt.

Well, I've been wanting to name a cat "Spiteful"- I'm picturing a big, mellow, Maine Coon Cat or something- it has to be one that the name doesn't fit!

bob

LOL, I wanted to get a Male Rottie and call it centurion or pretorian, but instead we got a female rottie called India. Wifes can't live with em can't live without em.

What kits your favourite Spit? Mines 1/32 MKVIII that i've sneak in(including a 1/32 Mustang) she didn't notice. LOL

LOL, I wanted to get a Male Rottie and call it centurion or pretorian, but instead we got a female rottie called India. Wifes can't live with em can't live without em.

What kits your favourite Spit? Mines 1/32 MKVIII that i've sneak in(including a 1/32 Mustang) she didn't notice. LOL

All of them, except Starfix. Should get one to round out the collection...LOL!

That 1/32 Tamiya is the berries. Bought one for my son last Christmas. It was tops on his list - smart boy!

I always liked the old Revell 1/72 box art.

http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=161790

Edited by blueliner

Heh, I had a Starfix IX (?) and "21" [sic], until someone actually wanted to buy them as a gag gift.

Well, naturally when I found out about the Tamiya I had to close my eyes and hand over the wallet. I've got an VIII (which will someday be in Grey Nurse- small version mouth- markings) and a XVI. Not sure what's in store for the latter, but if somebody doesn't give us a low-back XIV... or I might be really perverse and paint it in those faux-Luftwaffe markings, just to really annoy people at the contest!

My "holy grail" Spit project, though, is (so far) a 32nd DP851, the first Mk.21 prototype....

bob

Going through the stash I found 74 Spitfire kits...all 1/48. I didn't count the resin conversions or pe sets.

Is this obsessive?

BTW, I have 64 books on the subject, with one more on the way.

Wait a minute! I thought by definition that you had to have all of those plus the Tamiya 1/32 kit (just for the extra detail to help you built the 1/48 kits, of course) to be considered a true Spitfireholic. Are you real Spitfireholics out there gonna let him get away with this, sullying your good name and all????!!!!! Really, now....

Seriously, I thought one could not have too many Spitfires (or Mustangs or T-bolts, or Hellcats, or Hurricanes, etc...)

Byron

Edited by Byron Boyd
  • Like 1

Going through the stash I found 74 Spitfire kits...all 1/48. I didn't count the resin conversions or pe sets.Is this obsessive?BTW, I have 64 books on the subject, with one more on the way.

I only have 28 Spits. Being heavily attracted to the prettiest and most elegant fighter of WWII is completely understandable. Admiration of the beautiful lines of the spitfire is no different than admiring the lines of a beautiful woman, and I definitely won't stop doing that no matter what my wife tells me! Even though you probably won't build them all in your lifetime, (especially if you build as slow as I do) just the comfort of having them in your collection is worth considering. But I would suggest finding another aircraft model to collect, for me it is the P-47. Call it "beauty and the beast" if you will, but just the shear power and majesty of the P-47 is addicting in its own right. I plan on going for a ride in the Planes of Fame P-47G as a Christmas present to my self. Since I have no access to the spitfire the T-bolt will have to do, at least it will get my big fat rear end off the ground!

Cheers and Merry Christmas to those of that persuasion.

S.A.

• Like 1

Knew a Dobermann dog named Rommel and an Uncle had a lovely black tomcat named Fivus.

Going through the stash I found 74 Spitfire kits...all 1/48. I didn't count the resin conversions or pe sets.

Is this obsessive?

BTW, I have 64 books on the subject, with one more on the way.

Yes.