Hello, my name is Jim, and i'm a Spitfireholic...

blueliner

Going through the stash I found 74 Spitfire kits...all 1/48. I didn't count the resin conversions or pe sets.

Is this obsessive?

BTW, I have 64 books on the subject, with one more on the way.

• Like 3

Going through the stash I found 74 Spitfire kits...all 1/48. I didn't count the resin conversions or pe sets.

Is this obsessive?

The healing begins when you say it.

Those are hardbound and softcover books - no mags, CDs, or video included.

I do have a 1st ed. Morgan and Shacklady.

Mate, you're fine!

You do need to try a little harder on the references though. Mine are into the three digit territory, so you still have a little way to go, but a good start there. :)

Goodly size collection of kits - perhaps missing a couple? A good flip through M&S should solve that one for you......

PR

Hi

I thought you were refering to spitfire beer ...

I am a whirlwindaholic

apparently are addictions are curable

it usually involves either women or death

now i cant recall what were the differences were between both of those.

cheers

jerry

Hi

I thought you were refering to spitfire beer ...

I am a whirlwindaholic

apparently are addictions are curable

it usually involves either women or death

now i cant recall what were the differences were between both of those.

cheers

jerry

I'm a Mosquitoholic too, but only have 31 of them and 28 books...then there are Hurricanes...Typhoons...Beaufighters and my Tamiya Lancs. Still need the Vulcan in 48th. Helllloooo Airfix!!!!!

Ah don't need no cure...

The healing begins when you say it.

Another Spitfire book on Amazon... I bought IT.

There, I'm cured.

You are not member of an endangered species here! I can easily join you with more than 74 copies in 1/48. & resin etc. And then decals for more than 1250 Spitfires. My son is waiting eagerly for me to stop collecting. Then he will stand in line for a huge parcel.

Got the Alley Cat prototype two days ago, am still waiting for a decent Mk.XIV and got the news yesterday about the new Airfix Mk.Vb.. Now looking forward to see what Eduard may have in store.

NPL

What I find shocking is that you actually have figured out that you have decals for that many (although I imagine that is "schemes on sheets", not necessarily all decals required to do all examples (and I bet there's some duplication). But the basic point is, you probably have "enough"!

bob

What I find shocking is that you actually have figured out that you have decals for that many (although I imagine that is "schemes on sheets", not necessarily all decals required to do all examples (and I bet there's some duplication). But the basic point is, you probably have "enough"!

bob

Not really: It is like collecting stamps ... you can never have enough. And then it Works as a reference library.

And you are right about duplication. But sometimes you see how research Works. E.g. Molland's diligence, Levine's scull, not to speak of CERAM, the Indian that got lost.

So a kind of hobby within the hobby

NPL

You must be my mirror image :bye:

I have 54 made up with another 40 plus to be made all 48th. :bounce:

Hornby is just a field ( literally !!!) away from me so I can get a fix when ever I want :thumbsup:

Life's grand :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Is this obsessive?

It's only a problem if you go to a group meeting, dream of spitfires, call you other half a spitfire and name your animals after spitfires.

You you have any other models?

Yes, about 2500. Been collecting 40 years. My son goes into the stash and just helps himself.

He is quite a master armor builder. He's commandeered my armor, my 1/200, 1/144 A/C and my Luftwaffe '46, so my numbers have decreased

When I learn how to post pics I'll show his stuff.

BTW... I just bought an alley cat Spitfire prototype. Mmmmmmm... resinnnnnnn.

It's only a problem if you go to a group meeting, dream of spitfires, call you other half a spitfire and name your animals after spitfires.

You you have any other models?

See above ...danggit!