1/48 - Folland Gnat T.Mk.1 by Airfix - released

Homebee

At last, a kit worth waiting for. I just love the lines of this one. And what a fantastic box art. Now how am I going to get one of each past the missus? Any tips, as it was bad enough trying to explain where the Fly Jet Provost, in Linton Blades scheme, came from when it made its debut in the cabinet. 'When did you get that?', 'are those transfers what came in that envelope from Lowestoft!' Blimey just like the inquisition!

a50159.jpg

This is my favourite box art. Assuming the decals for the Gnat are for their first appearance as the Reds? (Just read the fine print at the Airfix site:

The colour scheme provided for the Gnat represents the first season in 1965 and the Hawk scheme includes the new tail fin design for 2014, thus creating models of both the very first and the most up-to-date Red Arrow aircraft. Both models fully replicate the graceful lines and the red, white and blue colours schemes of the real aircraft.

Paint Scheme - Red Arrows Folland Gnat, Royal Air Force, Fairford, 1964/65 and BAe Hawk, Royal Air Force, Scampton, 2014" Edited by tonyp
  • Like 1

At last, a kit worth waiting for. I just love the lines of this one. And what a fantastic box art. Now how am I going to get one of each past the missus? Any tips, as it was bad enough trying to explain where the Fly Jet Provost, in Linton Blades scheme, came from when it made its debut in the cabinet. 'When did you get that?', 'are those transfers what came in that envelope from Lowestoft!' Blimey just like the inquisition!

Rent a storage unit... ;^P

R/

Robert

• 1 month later...

Now, now. You know that's just a Fallus-y. :wicked:

What a random remark...! Perhaps just a 'cross cultural' miscommunication... also known as the "inside joke".

Looking forward to the Guh-Nat... must be on the boat by now.

R/

Robert

At least we have a set of dates for this kit. But where are all the other 2014 kits that boxart is shown on the Airfix website? Haven't seen them any where.

"Dates subject to change, your mileage may vary, contact your doctor immediately if symptoms persist longer than four hours..."

IOW, the real world is a messy place! ;^P

R/

Robert

At least we have a set of dates for this kit. But where are all the other 2014 kits that boxart is shown on the Airfix website? Haven't seen them any where.

They were on a slow boat from India last seen off the coast of Somalia. I gather that the IPMS Mogadishu Club has some in-box reviews up and they rate the new 1/48 Gnat very highly....

• Like 2

They were on a slow boat from India last seen off the coast of Somalia. I gather that the IPMS Mogadishu Club has some in-box reviews up and they rate the new 1/48 Gnat very highly....

You mean the :pirate: have hi jacked the boat our kits are on!! :o:fight:

What a random remark...! Perhaps just a 'cross cultural' miscommunication... also known as the "inside joke".

Looking forward to the Guh-Nat... must be on the boat by now.

R/

Robert

Wikipedia is your friend...

"The Gnat portrayed the fictional carrier-based "Oscar EW-5894 Fallus Tactical Fighter Bomber" flown by U.S. Navy pilots in the 1991 comedy Hot Shots!"