1/32 Revell Lynx to Wildcat 'conversion'

Tim B

I hope I'm allowed in with this one. I don't have the resources to hand that Lynx7 does but I intend to learn what I can from his awesome build and put it to good use. I also intend on working on my AH7 to 9 Airfix conversion (which is looking a bit sorry for itself atm) and will keep you posted on that.

I probably have the wrong Revell kit lol

IMG_1592_zps27075833.jpg

Time to start bashing.

Tim

Looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Mate, so long as you have a windscreen and main rotor blades, youre good to go! The base kit is relatively irrelevant. Dont hesitate to ask for any info and I'll do what I can to assist.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas people,

This is still in the planning stages but hope to get some construction done tomorrow. (boxing day)

Thanks so much to Tony (Lynx7) who has sent me his plans... I printed them out in A4 as a 4 part poster using a formula only known to the voodoo gods. (we had fun)

IMG_1603_zpsb05e3219.jpg

More soon ;)

Tim

"Looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Mate, so long as you have a windscreen and main rotor blades, youre good to go! The base kit is relatively irrelevant. Dont hesitate to ask for any info and I'll do what I can to assist.

Good luck!"

This.. I will need. I have built one chopper before. an Apache Longbow.

Looks like I will be turning to you in the future for help. Pics of the under side of the wildcat would be great and the UC. It looks similar to the Naval)Lynx but a bit beefier? Many thanks (quite tipsy)

Tim

Looking really good so far, Tim. I'll dig out some piccies for you when i get home mate.

Hey, Westlands have only ever made one helicopter on their own before so youre in good company (and i bet you'll do a better job too. They're utter cack!)

Edited by Lynx7

Cheers

IMG_1615_zpsd68b0f82.jpg

just added a bit of tube and some miliput to the rear fuselage....can you guess what happens next? ;)

Yes It gets covered in pink gooey stuff...

More soon

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Well my mothers father designed parts at Westland and dad worked on the shop floor...Dads father worked at British Aerospace...He worked on radar during WWII and later the TSR2 and various missile guidance systems...

Edited by Tim B

Westland gave my gramps a watch as a retirement presant. only took me 5 minutes to break it.

Ah it must have been an in-house Westlands designed watch. I have a Westlands pen like that. It looks like a pen but works as effectively as a marsh mallow and stopped functioning as a pen as soon as the pen was outside the factory gates.

• Like 1

My wife worked for one of the larger investment houses in Jo'burg, she has a quite a large collection of useless pens... luckilly non of them Westlands. I on the other hand have a couple of RN & RM pens, which must be ten years old at least and work very well.

Sorry to steal the thread.

Colin