Spiteful v Seafang Propellors

Dave Gibson

I was going through my Spiteful/Seafang files yesterday and found these images of the props I'd pulled from another site (I'd right clicked them without really looking at them when I downloaded them).

The first image is of spiteful NN664. The blades here look something like the type you may expect to find on a spitfire 21-24

NN664-neg-AM15145-detail.jpg

This next set of blades are on prototype Seafang VG471 and remarkably like those supplied by Academy for their MkXIV. They carry the code EXP as far as I can make out.

14409A2.jpg

My attempts to measure these blades put them at the same diameter and I calculated 11' 3" by nefarious means so I would suspect they are both 11' rather than 10' 4".

Anybody got any thoughts on these blades? Has anybody got the resources to identify them?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Well, my first (pre-existing) thought is that "EXP" means experimental blade design.

bob

p.s. 'Joan' aka Olivier (I hope I got that right) probably has some super-high-res versions of those, so we might be able to read blade numbers etc.

Hi all,

I am in Mongolia for business until the week end so sorry to can't answering right now.

I ll make a hi res close up on these blades and show you if any answer.

cheers

olivier

Thanks Olivier,

IIRC, those images came from a URL you posted about a year ago.

I've started the Falcon kit. I still haven't decided on a Spiteful or Seafang!

Plenty of time for that decision as I have an instrument panel and the rest of the cockpit to build. :)

Thanks again,

Dave

Hi Dave, sorry again for the delay of reply.

Here are some close ups of NN664, VG471 ( Seafang 31 ) : I need to make a bigger Hi res about the NN664....

NN664BnegAM15145_zps5aef1aa0.jpg

14409A4_zps1334e5f8.jpg

SEAFANG31Bfeb46neg14410A_zps54b075f8.jpg

SEAFANG31BBfeb46neg14410A_zps27ff4bcb.jp

SEAFANG31BBfeb46neg14410Bcopie_zpse9b061

My Spiteful/fangs online collection here :

http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/joanblaue/library/SPITEFUL%20and%20SEAFANGS?sort=6&page=1

Spitfire Spitfire Spitfire Spitfire here :

http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/joanblaue/library/SPITFIRE?sort=6&page=1

cheers

Olivier