1/48 J35 Draken in Viggen's livery

Hi,

here is my latest finished model of J35 Draken.

The model is Hasegawa standard J35F enriched using Aires cocpit, quickboost seat with belts and Maestro models canopy and intakes and vertical tail top.

All markings are airbrushed using custom masks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks fo looking

S.

• Like 46

Genuine and very cool scheme, although I believe only trialled on one aircraft.

Correct!

Thats a J35B painted with this scheme for trials

Great build of a beauty!

Edited by mmaker

Fantastic skills on display there!

I've got a planned build of the Tarangus Viggen when (if) it comes out next year. What paints / colours did you use?

Fantastic skills on display there!

I've got a planned build of the Tarangus Viggen when (if) it comes out next year. What paints / colours did you use?

Colors used are based on several color photographs of the real thing.

I've opted to use tan and two greens of USAF SEA scheme together with NATO black. RLM76 is used on underside. ;)

There is a list of FS numbers for the colors somewher on the internet but they are for Viggen only where the light green was quite different.

S.

An absolute excellent exampel of the J 35B in the FOA test camouflage. :thumbsup: The contrast between the colours is just right.

As a Swede I must make a point about the "Danger and No Step" markings on the engine air intakes. You have used the ones that were used by the Finnish air force so the are in the wrong language. :winkgrin:

Except from that it's an exellent piece of work.

Nicklas Karlén/ IPMS Sweden

• Like 1

As a Swede I must make a point about the "Danger and No Step" markings on the engine air intakes. You have used the ones that were used by the Finnish air force so the are in the wrong language. :winkgrin:

Except from that it's an exellent piece of work.

Nicklas Karlén/ IPMS Sweden

Hi Nicklas,

I am proud you like my Draken ;) And yes the stencils are Finnish just because the boxing of the original kit was of Finnish Air Force and I was mot able to produce the right Sweden stencils myself ;) I know it is a big misstake. I am looking around and as soon as I found the correct set the stencils will be replaced :)

The rest of markng is airbrushed...

Thx

Alexandr

Edited by SasaU.