Mirage F.1 - new and accurate 1/72 model

petr@SpecialHobby

• 1 month later...

What exactly does that mean - no more production?

Gene K

Gene K,

I think it means that you need to keep a very careful eye on stocks of these kits and do not hesitate if you are after a particular boxing. I noticed, for example, that the very first boxing (Hellenic AF special) and the 'simple kit' issue (no box, decals, resin parts etc) have now disappeared from the catalogue of the 'Big H' and the F.1B/BE boxing is now out of stock too. There are, undoubtedly, more variants/boxings scheduled to be released by Special Hobby; we are still waiting, for example, for the F.1C-200 and F.1AZ boxings and there are many common sprues in all of the kits issued so far, so you could complete other variants out of the box with aftermarket decals etc, but if you are after a particular boxing with particular decals, you need to buy sooner rather than later, I would respectfully suggest.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Patrice,

The first of these versions to be released by SH, as it seems, could be the recce Mirage and I would expect it on the hobby shop shelves sometimes during late autumn.

And today I would like to showcase here (and on our blog)a very nicely built duo of SH Mirages.

Linky: http://www.specialhobby.info/2016/08/mirage-f1ce-and-mirage-f1b-finished.html

You might be tempted to visit our blog by this photo:

two%20mirages_zps6twcwfhr.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning Petr

Thank you for your answer I look forward to the release of the French AIr Force boxings ..

Your collaborator did a very fine job :goodjob: with this french spanish duo ..

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zippo the Zipdrive said:

I'm patiently (not realy) waiting for the AZ model. Will it have the longer intake cones? The "cg" pictures from 2013 looks like its the standard smaller.

\\Dan

Well only the standard intake cones are on the sprue, but having said that, SH have produced additional resin to go with the CE kit so it's not beyond the realms of possibility they'd do likewise for the longer intake cones - we can live in hope anyway!

5 hours ago, Wez said:

...SH have produced additional resin to go with the CE kit so it's not beyond the realms of possibility they'd do likewise for the longer intake cones - we can live in hope anyway!

Yes that's what I am expecting but you never know so I had to ask someone. This seems like a good place to do that.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

We aim to release the original C (and C-200) version later this year, the African AZ possibly during 2019.

Now, let me showcase amazing model bult by our French collaborator Chris Verdoux. The latest addition to his collection is the F.1B two seater beauty.

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/04/besides-being-skilful-modeller.html

img_2051.jpg