Supermarine Walrus Wingfold

rw00025

I am considering folding the wings on the Classic Airframes kit#4105, that would go nicely with my Tamiya Swordfish. Warpaint no.39 has the FAA example on it's cover, but the picture isn't close enough to see any detail at the hinges, where the lower wing meets the fuselage, the folded section on the lower wing, the various attachment points, etc. So, anybody have decent photos, good line drawings, etc., they can share?

And since the C-A kit appears to be a Mk.I, I believe that it would be a wooden hulled aircraft....what does the interior of the wooden hull look like?...natural wood? painted?...colour?

Thank you in advance, Ross

[email protected]

Gentlemen....thank you all.

I'd love to go to the FAA Museum, but unfortunately living on the west coast of Florida makes that a long journey round the corner.

If there is a picture of the folding part on the lower wing....that would be most excellent. The correction on Mk.I vs II is very welcome. Any ideas on interior colors? The more I study this beastie, the more intimidated I get by it...I'm usually up for a good challenge and if I tackle this kit, seems it will be a challenge.

Again...thank you, Ross