Zvezda Topol spue shots

Pin

• 4 weeks later...

I was chatting (through an interpreter) to the guy who was designing it on his CAD PC - and asked why they weren't doing the Topol-M (with its 16-wheel chassis.)

He smiled and replied in Russian that even I could understand......... Zekret !!!

It is still too classified for them to do it .... yet.

I love those multi-wheel MAZ TEL's - I've done a resin SCUD - plus the S-300 'Grumble' and support vehicles from PST - all in 1/72 scale.

I've also got a ZZ Models(?) Iskander somewhere.............

Ken (too many models and not enough time...)

I was chatting (through an interpreter) to the guy who was designing it on his CAD PC - and asked why they weren't doing the Topol-M (with its 16-wheel chassis.)

Same here Ken, especially as there are quite a few detailed photos available of the thing....great option for schemes too ! still not grumbling, just great to see it at all, who knows maybe later..!

TheTopol-Mmissile_zps96892189.jpg

6961750-topol-m--intercontinental-ballis

Even in 1/72 it looks like it will be a fair size. Certainly an impressive parts count!!. Wonder who'll be the first to produce a missile to go with it!! Be nice to have one for display alongside the launcher.

Allan

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Melchie said:- still not grumbling, just great to see it at all, who knows maybe later..!

If you're not 'grumbling' - you won't be doing the PST S-300 then ??

PST_72050_S300_GRUMBLE_SA10+SP855.JPG

Sorry..... I'll get my coat.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 1

No crew figures - and no interior for the crew compartment (seat, steering wheel etc.).

The instructions show the interior as being black - which will hide a lot - but AFAIK, the real thing is pale blue-ish - bit like Sky.

On the plus side, you can make two 'variants' - on the road and ready to launch (although there is no missile inside the launch tube).

For the launch variant there are different parts incorporating the massive jacks that raise the vehicle up off its wheels.

There are two complete sets of the 14 stub axles - with a 'drooped' set for the raised variant - how is that for attention to detail???

You need to study the construction notes carefully - especially those stub axles - to build the correct 'variant'

This is one of those kits that come along occasionally that make me drop everything to build it .... I'll post a WIP if wanted??

Ken