1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

On 4/11/2016 at 4:13 PM, Mountain goat said:

instructions place this example over Bosnia 1993.

And by the way, Mirage F1CR 630 was coded 33-NL, not 33-CY at this date... ;)

Actually, Mirage F1CR 630 33-CY wasn't involved in 'opération Crécerelle' in 1993-1995 over Bosnia, but in Trident, in 1998-1999, over Serbia...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

And by the way, Mirage F1CR 630 was coded 33-NL, not 33-CY at this date... ;)

Actually, Mirage F1CR 630 33-CY wasn't involved in 'opération Crécerelle' in 1993-1995 over Bosnia, but in Trident, in 1998-1999, over Serbia...

Hi eclipse! I see. So SH got the theatre of operations wrong in the instructions, but the combination of markings plus Astac would still be correct for the Op Trident one right?

Jay

Hi !

in that book, http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/article1179.html, you can find a picture of the F1CR 630/33-CY and the caption says :

"Le Mirage F1CR n°630 (33-CY) est vu au-dessus de l'Adriatique lors d'une mission Trident. Il emporte notamment un Astac sous le fuselage"

The Mirage F1CR [...] is seen above Adriatic Sea during a Trident mission. It is carrying especially an Astac pod under belly.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mirage F-1B....Mirage F-1CG.........Mirage F-1CE......Mirage F-1CH....Mirage F-1EQ/ED.......sorry, but it's all substitutes!! :):)

When we see real  B)

Mirage F.1 - Mirage F.1C/ F.1C-200 French Air Force?

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Mirage F-1B....Mirage F-1CG.........Mirage F-1CE......Mirage F-1CH....Mirage F-1EQ/ED.......sorry, but it's all substitutes!! :):)

When we see real  B)

B.R.

Serge

You can build an F.1C-200 from any of the single seat boxings, just add aftermarket decals!

9 hours ago, Aardvark said:

When we see real  B)

According to http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2018/Nuernberg_2018.html it is scheduled at September 2018. But don't hold your breath, Special Hobby releases may or may not come when advertised...

• Like 1

On 2016. 04. 25. at 7:31 PM, MVW said:

Hello,

below you'll find a list of Mirage F.1 single seaters with and without IFR probe capability. Data origins from Check List #1 Mirage F.1 ISBN 2-912749-04-2 and Mirage F.1 Vol. 2 ISBN 2-914017-41-3.

Regards,

Martin

Mirage_F.1_IFR-Probes_zpsndjf9jve.jpg

Your picture is hidden. :(

21 hours ago, Wez said:

You can build an F.1C-200 from any of the single seat boxings, just add aftermarket decals!

Yeeeppp, l can build an F.1C-200, just add "aftermarket" :) decals from my:

-....ESCI:

20180209_170128.jpg

-....Hasegawa:

20180209_170109.jpg

-....Heller:

20180209_170245.jpg

......but why to me to do it?
As writes Apex:

18 hours ago, Apex said:

According to http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2018/Nuernberg_2018.html it is scheduled at September 2018. But don't hold your breath, Special Hobby releases may or may not come when advertised...

The Special Hobby has declared F1C.200. Of course if they don't make decal option as at ESCI, I will take your advice and I will take decal from ESCI.

;)

21 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That boxart just makes we want to build it as a dogfight double! :D

You think the Iranian Phantom and burning oil plant will be are included in inside boxes of  Special Hobby?

:)

If so, that it will be a hot sales!  :)

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh news about - ref. SH72386 - Mirage F-1EQ/ED

In the Special Hobby homepage: https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/special-hobby/mirage-f-1-eq-ed-1-72.html

Finely detailed 1/72 Mirage EQ/ED model comprises as many as seven sprues of grey styrene, one sprue with clear parts and resin parts for the Exocet missile and its centreline pylon. The decal sheet offers markings for two machines of the Iraqi AF, each bearing a different style of camouflage scheme plus one Iranian and one Libyan machine.

Source: http://www.specialhobby.net/2018/03/pripravujeme-na-brezen-modely-sh72327.html

In a few coming weeks, we will be releasing a new reboxing of our 1/72 Mirage F.1 kit, this time in rather exotic version EQ and ED in the guise of several Middle East operators, namely the Iraqi Air Force (two machines, one bearing as many as 14 kill markings on its nose, the other armed with Exocet anti ship missile), the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (one machine in a new and quite eye-catching scheme of mid blue and light grey) and the final option is a pair of Lybian Air Force machines with the option to build them wearing either the old all-green type of national insignia or the new, three-coloured ones.

SH72386%2BMirage%2BF.1%2BEQ-ED.jpg DSC_0115.JPG

SH72386%2Blept.jpg DSC_0121.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

Is that the same "desert" camouflage for an Iraqi machine as the old Esci F.1EQ? I seem to remember reading somewhere it was not realistic. Maybe it was after all.

Edited by ivand

I'm rather looking forward to the F.1EQ kit - I rather fancy doing the grey Iraqi Exocet equipped version. I hope that the F.1AZ isn't too far away as well!

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the latest installment in this great kit series turned up at Chez Wez today, I'm very pleased with what I see!

There's some new resin with this version for some odd's and sod's (IFR probe nozzle and some aerial mounts etc), as well as a resin Exocet.  Theres an extended fin and the oversize Irakien drop tank in plastic too.

Four schemes, two Iraqi, one Iranian and a Lybian.

Edited by Wez

• 3 weeks later...