1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

You mean with increased forward fin?

Yep. Would be brilliant if they included some of the more obscure ECM pods and chaff/flare dispensers the Iraqi jets used, oh and if they actually make a specific Iraqi jet :winkgrin: Maybe even an Exocet jet too.....If not no matter as I already have everything to modify the base kit. Just super happy finally a decent model of 1/72 Mirage F1 series, M2000 next?

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

Yep. Would be brilliant if they included some of the more obscure ECM pods and chaff/flare dispensers the Iraqi jets used, oh and if they actually make a specific Iraqi jet :winkgrin: Maybe even an Exocet jet too.....If not no matter as I already have everything to modify the base kit. Just super happy finally a decent model of 1/72 Mirage F1 series, M2000 next?

Agree!

So far, nearly all the French weapons and pods seems secured, maybe also some SAAF stuff and the everlasting AIM-9.

Let's hope for succes in the first releases sales, so that we can expect more exotic boxes, loaded with Exocet, ARMAT, Kh-29, Python 3, HAROLD, COR-2, Syriel etc...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All that resin looks very nice (and tempting), but, where's the kit?

I don't know why I'm letting my impatience gland go into overdrive as I've had a bumper box of hard sums turn up for my next uni course today and I won't be able to do any modelling for months but... :fight:

• 1 month later...

I think us Mirage fans are going to want Special Hobby to apply their skills to bringing forth a family of Mirage 2000's. A nice 2000-5 and 2000D in 1/72nd would be a treat.

Zhiz's

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I had a distinct feeling of accomplishment today after the kit arrived directly from Special Hobby (cheap courier shipping). I mean one gets very much plastic for one's money in the box and by "much" I refer to all the options Special Hobby understands to provide in one go and not chop off parts/ sprues just because they're not relevant for what's painted on the box. I suppose only the two-seater and the South African F.1AZ boxings will come with additional/ specific parts.

Anyway, from what can be seen in the boxes of the Vampire, Gnat, Magister and Mirage alone [i sure hope the good impression carries over on to the build table], Special Hobby is my new favorite kits manufacturer.

Cheers,

Niki

• Like 1