1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

20 hours ago, Tbolt said:

It doesn't say that so I would suspect not.

Special Hobby has been pretty blatant in calling out the dual combo pack in their advertising. I would tend to agree that this is probably just a single kit, but the box art depicts the two different versions that can be built with the parts inside.

I'm curious if there will be any resin to account for some of the aircraft differences, or if we'll see a small additional sprue like with the F.1CR.

Either way, I'm getting one, maybe two of them. This is the kit I've wanted most since the new tool F.1 was announced those years ago.

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Special Hobby has been pretty blatant in calling out the dual combo pack in their advertising. I would tend to agree that this is probably just a single kit, but the box art depicts the two different versions that can be built with the parts inside.

I'm curious if there will be any resin to account for some of the aircraft differences, or if we'll see a small additional sprue like with the F.1CR.

Either way, I'm getting one, maybe two of them. This is the kit I've wanted most since the new tool F.1 was announced those years ago.

Cheers,

Hoops

That's it and they have done this with several of their single boxings and they have already done a dual boxing of the F.1. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Having had the test shot in my hands in 2014, I can tell there had additionnal sprue with A version nose cone. So, if their plans didn't change since, no resin !

Resin, plastic - as long as the parts are there. 

Would you happen to remember if the extended intake centerbodies of the SA versions were present?

Cheers,

Andre

I'm not sure, at that time l remember I made a comment about the shock cone, but I don't know if they did something about that. Indeed, SAAF Mirage F1s share the same biconical shaped "mice" than Mirage 2000's one in order to reach Mach 2,3 and be able to face Angolan MiG-23s...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

It looks like I’ll finally be building a Mirage F.1! :)

I haven't built this kit yet but having a look at it I would suggest getting some replacement wheels for it as the ones in the kit seem to be way too small in diameter. Not the tyres, just the wheels making them look odd compared to the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released
1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Released - ref. SH72435 - Dassault Mirage F.1 AZ / CZ 'The South African Commie Killers' 

Source: https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/mirage-f-1az-cz-the-south-african-commie-killers.html

Instructions: https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/ftp/media/SH48214(1).pdf

spacer.png

V.P.

Nice! It looks like the extended intake bullets are among the resin parts in the lower middle of the first screen shot. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

Released - ref. SH72435 - Dassault Mirage F.1 AZ / CZ 'The South African Commie Killers' 

Source: https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/mirage-f-1az-cz-the-south-african-commie-killers.html

Instructions: https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/ftp/media/SH48214(1).pdf

spacer.png

V.P.

Instruction for Mirage is here: https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/ftp/media/SH72435.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

One to look forward to! The modification to the intake shock cones might be a little tricky, though. That's potentially going to be a pest to tidy up.

Mike.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeR said:

The modification to the intake shock cones might be a little tricky, though.

Agreed - I would have preferres new singlepart intakes. But at least the parts are there!

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MikeR said:

One to look forward to! The modification to the intake shock cones might be a little tricky, though. That's potentially going to be a pest to tidy up.

Mike.

Maybe, I guess it depends how good a fit the resin part is - if it's good it shouldn't be too much of a problem as the join falls on a panel line anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime, I added this to the Stash.

Decals and resin looks good, the enlarged intake cones look pretty doable ( at least compared to the RWR panel for the vertical tail, which is quite thin).

There is a prominent mold ridge on both fuselages though, almost as if the insert for the singleseat portion wasn't aligned properly. That will take some sorting out.

Cheers,

Andre

• 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - new F-1B boxing by Heller