1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

13 hours ago, Hoops said:

When I saw there had been an update, it had gotten me excited that there may finally release the F1 AZ.

Hopes dashed!

Hoops

Hoops, at least there's an alternative solution for an F-1AZ :)

jyah9EQ.jpg

iYkJqAM.jpg

cheers

Edited by Bladerunner
Removed link
  • Like 2

Very nice, Enzo :)

Note that Gabonese F-1AZ's are ex-SAAF, which means that they will have the bi-sonic shock cones (unique to SAAF F-1's) on the air intakes, and not the standard intakes.

Cheers,

John

Edited by Bladerunner
Added text
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bladerunner said:

Note that Gabonese F-1AZ's are ex-SAAF, which means that they will have the bi-sonic shock cones (unique to SAAF F-1's) on the air intakes, and not the standard intakes.

I wasn't aware of that detail.  Maybe I should build another one to take advantage of that knowledge.  :) 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Bladerunner said:

Hoops, at least there's an alternative solution for an F-1AZ :)

cheers

I am familiar with the set, but in all honesty, I'd probably just as easily make do the conversion myself. I've got the Albatros Modelworks decals already, and getting resin set to the US or Japan would be about as much cost/effort as replicating those part myself.

If I am going to buy a Special Hobby kit to begin with, I would prefer them to release their promised AZ version.

Cheers,

Hoops

4 hours ago, Hoops said:

I am familiar with the set, but in all honesty, I'd probably just as easily make do the conversion myself. I've got the Albatros Modelworks decals already, and getting resin set to the US or Japan would be about as much cost/effort as replicating those part myself.

If I am going to buy a Special Hobby kit to begin with, I would prefer them to release their promised AZ version.

Cheers,

Hoops

Hoops,

Yeah, it's been about 7 years ago that the F-1AZ was announced, and I've been waiting patiently, but gave up. Wouldn't hold my breath, especially with the small SAAF market. Totally agree with you that one can save some money to scratch build the mods, if one has the skills. The nose cone is by far the trickiest part. It would be super cool if you did that, and would love to see your work 🙂👍

Cheers

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED released - new (re)boxings in 2021

New (re)boxings expected in 2021

Source: https://www.specialhobby.info/2021/01/news-from-special-hobby-012021.html

(...) We will also bring you one more re-release of an older Mirage F.1 kit, as well as its reboxing with new schemes. The Mirage F.1EQ/ED is still quite sought after so we have decided to restock it. Sometime during the spring, a new reboxing will be released, this one portraying the South African F.1AZ/CZ version. (...)

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Will the F1AZ have a new set of intake parts? 

Both South African versions (AZ / CZ) had the extended souris.

So in order to be accurate models, they should be there - my guess would be as resin parts, like the Exocet in the F.1EQ boxing..

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hook said:

Both South African versions (AZ / CZ) had the extended souris.

So in order to be accurate models, they should be there - my guess would be as resin parts, like the Exocet in the F.1EQ boxing..

I would imagine that the nose for the AZ would also be in resin.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

New (re)boxings expected in 2021

Source: https://www.specialhobby.info/2021/01/news-from-special-hobby-012021.html

V.P.

Plus :

''Another highly attractive model will no doubt be the first of the 1/72 Mirage III/5 family !''

Another very good news indeed from Special Hobby !

SharkOwl

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

Plus :

''Another highly attractive model will no doubt be the first of the 1/72 Mirage III/5 family !''

SharkOwl

Dedicated thread is here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235043939-172-dassault-mirage-iii5-nesherdagger-family-by-special-hobby-3d-renderssprues-design-release-in-2021/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

Yes, it's only been what ... 2 1/2 years since they announced that the first time:  https://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/special-hobbys-new-172-mirages-iii-5.html

:slowclap:

Gene K

15 hours ago, Gene K said:

Yes, it's only been what ... 2 1/2 years since they announced that the first time:  https://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/special-hobbys-new-172-mirages-iii-5.html

:slowclap:

Gene K

Good morning

I still do not understand why they released another Me 109 kit instead of focusing on the family of Mirages which are curiously lacking at 1/72 ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I still do not understand why they released another Me 109 kit instead of focusing on the family of Mirages which are curiously lacking at 1/72 ...

Because 1) a 109 will probably outsell a III by a wide margin, and 2) the 1/72nd 109's of all other brands do not make Special Hobby money.

Simple as that.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
Spelling
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hook said:

Because 1) a 109 will probably outsell a III by a wide margin, and 2) the 1/72nd 109's of all other brands do not make Special Hobby money.

Simple as that.

Cheers,

Andre

Good morning Andre

1 /

Given that there are already a huge number of Me 109E available in the 1/72 scale market

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=Messerschmitt+Bf+109+E+1%2F72

I would like to know haw many people are going to buy the SH kit if they already have for instance the Airfix or the Tamiya one in their stash ..

I hope for them that they will sell a lot but my in opinion it was a waste of time , I think that their Mirage F1 is a huge success because there is no competitor and I am convinced that they should have worked harder on the Mirage III family  ..

Best Regards

Patrice