1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

8 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I think that their Mirage F1 is a huge success because there is no competitor

There is no modern competitor.    The Heller, Airfix and Hasegawa offerings are still available and make up into nice models but why would anyone buy them when they are the same price as the SH kits?  The SH is a thoroughly modern mould while the others are all around forty years old. 

But if we really want something for SH to produce which truly has no competitor then we should look no futher than the Mirage 2000 family.  Both the Heller and Italeri kits are grossly inaccurate.  There is a huge range of markings that could be produced for a 2000 meaning lots of different boxings.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

There is no modern competitor.    The Heller, Airfix and Hasegawa offerings are still available and make up into nice models but why would anyone buy them when they are the same price as the SH kits?  The SH is a thoroughly modern mould while the others are all around forty years old. 

But if we really want something for SH to produce which truly has no competitor then we should look no futher than the Mirage 2000 family.  Both the Heller and Italeri kits are grossly inaccurate.  There is a huge range of markings that could be produced for a 2000 meaning lots of different boxings.

I totally agree I should have said that there is no ''modern'' competitor to the SH Mirage  F-1 ..

Hopefully we will soon be able to see both Modelsvit and SH Mirage III and make our own opinion about which one is the best ...

And maybe one day SH will also produce a modern Mirage 2000 ? 

But right now the only ''modern'' option will be the Modelsit kit available in a few weeks I have preordered one (for the moment)  and I will try to build it for the French Fancy GB ...

Patrice

• Like 3

I too have pre-ordered the Modelsvit Mirage 2000, albeit with some trepidation as I'm not a fan of having rivets depicted as divots, hopefully they will have avoided the temptation with the M2000.

In the Mirage III/5 thread, Pter, when asked, said they would be looking at the M2000 series in the future which, if it comes to fruition, will be good news as I can buy 2 SH kits for slightly more than one Modelsvit kit.

I live in hope this comes to pass.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Homebee said:

Scaleworx Mirage F-1AZ resin conversion set - ref. SW72-40

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1511624252370244&id=212054182327264

143506603-1511624225703580-4672090895485

V.P.

Besides SAAF F.1AZ, the Libyan F.1AD would be nice as well. 😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Besides SAAF F.1AZ, the Libyan F.1AD would be nice as well. 😀

Beauties! Gotta love the camouflaged tow bar in the last shot.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hook said:

Beauties! Gotta love the camouflaged tow bar in the last shot.

Cheers,

Andre

This is the kind of quality content that brings me to this website! 😀

Hoops

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Stop showing me stuff like this!    You know it's just gonna make me want to build one!  :lol:   :frantic:  

One?

• Haha 3

On 1/28/2021 at 7:37 AM, Homebee said:

Scaleworx Mirage F-1AZ resin conversion set - ref. SW72-40

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1511624252370244&id=212054182327264

V.P.

Oh yes!!!! A Gabonese machine for me! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Parrahs said:

I'm only finding the announcement in Czech, but google translates claims they're saying "decals for upcoming model".

Thanks!, let's hope for a full AZ/CZ release with the correct parts then. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Limited re-issue - ref. SH72386 - Mirage F-1EQ/ED

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/mirage-f-1-eq-ed-1-72.html

The Mirage F.1 EQ/ED is back in production – due to popular demand, but just in limited quantity. This detailed model of the EQ/ED variety of the F.1 Mirage comes with seven grey styrene sprues, one clear plastic sprue with canopy parts, it also contains a fret of photo etches and a resin cast replica of the Exocet missile with its pylon. The decal sheet offers two Iraqi machines in two different schemes, plus one Libyan and one Iranian machines.

nicely detailed model

img-5642-result-z2.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4

Thought of the day :

The more we hear about the Special Hobby Mirage F-1 family of kits at 1/72,

the more we think of the future Kinetic Mirage F-1 family of kits at 1/48 !

🙂

Sharkowl

Quarter Scale Modeller

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED released - new (re)boxings F-1AZ/CZ in 2021
4 hours ago, Homebee said:

Box art

Mighty fine! It even looks like the box art depicts the extended souris intake bodies of the South African birds.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1