1/72 - Dassault Mirage F-1 family by Special Hobby - F-1B/C/CG/CE/CH/EQ/ED/AZ/CZ released - Heller F-1B rebox

Homebee

Oh wow that is really looking good. Wonder if the AZ will have the fattened strakes with the flare dispensers fitted? and the fuel tank with built in bomb rack would be great as well

Same for the smallair forces GB: many F1s flew and still fly in very exotic markings. I've always wanted to build a Libyan F1-A but there are many other choices like Kuwait, Iraq, Morocco, Equador, Spain, Greece, South Africa, Qatar, Jordan, Gabon and Iran. I'm sure that once these kits are out, some aftermarket decal will appear

I agree, it would be good to see some new decal sheets covering Morocco, Kuwait, Gabon and Jordan.

I'm hoping that FCM will also release a 1/72 version of their 48046 set coverinh Libya, Iraq and Iran. It does make sense to bring this set to market.

Zhizhou

• 1 month later...

I have been looking at my ESCI 1/72 Mirage F.1's and pondering their future. :hmmm:

If you intend to build the Esci kit, forget accuracy matters and don't put it next to another 1/72 Mirage F1 kit. The canopy is too short, the windscreen too long and the windscreen's flat pane is much too wide.

If you intend to build the Esci kit, forget accuracy matters and don't put it next to another 1/72 Mirage F1 kit. The canopy is too short, the windscreen too long and the windscreen's flat pane is much too wide.

Yes that's the problem, they look a bit odd, especialy next to other kit F.1's. They are nice kit's though, in other respects ie. I like the fine recessed panel lines.

I will probably move them on, and trade up to the new MPM kit, which looks very nice.

Saw a pic of the MPM F-1B two-seater fuselage sprue over on IPMS Germany today. It's in the MPM Feb newsletter. http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Newsletter/MPM/MPM_News_2014-02.pdf

Reckon I'll be getting these new ones for real world and what-if my Airfix, Esci, Hasegawa/Revell and Heller kits.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 1

Saw a pic of the MPM F-1B two-seater fuselage sprue over on IPMS Germany today. It's in the MPM Feb newsletter. http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Newsletter/MPM/MPM_News_2014-02.pdf

Thanks for the link Paul. I note that no precise ETA date is given

In particular, when the greatest interest in our stand aroused the forthcoming models of DH. Vampire, AH-1G/Q/S Cobra, Mirage F.1 or Fouga Magister / Zéphyr which will come to market later this year

Edited by Laurent

Ooooooooooooooo! Can I have mine now please?!?!? :bounce:

A two-seater in Spanish colours will be utterly irresistible!

• 11 months later...

It sure seems as if this and the Magister have stalled big time, first shots of some of the Magister sprue were shown as far back as November 2013, and this thread started December 2013.

When will we see them.....I am curious to see if they take Special Hobby MPM to a new level in quality?

I was very excited when hearing about the Mirage F1B, but now I have totally lost interest in it! It comes when it comes, so what, there are other kits to build! I don't like this showing of forms and tests shots and then nothing for over a year! Yes, I know, it takes time to finish a mould and test it but still a year with total silence is too much. I consider the Mirage cancelled!

I suspect the small team are just too busy getting their other stuff out like the Grumman Guardians, the big Tempest along with their sub contract work from others bigger producers. they will appear its just when they can get round it, as they also have the Gnat/Ajeet to bring out as well.

Would be nice to see these Mirage F.1s. Would like a B and CR myself. Seems like a huge investment in tooling already, so the delays are slightly strange.

I only model in 1/72 and 1/32 at the present time, the former nearly all OOB, and this kind of quality is a significant draw.

Tony

Good evening

Here is the last post from Petr

"Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hi all,

So sorry about keeping you waiting. The Mirage hasn´t been finished yet and most probably won´t be until the end of this year.

Our mouldmakers are still busy with improving the Mirage moulds and correcting all fit-imperfections so that the model can be as nice and easy to build as possible.

But I am sure you understand that the Mirage F.1 is not as simple (shapes, number of parts etc) model as our other news (Gnat, Fouga...) and that is why it also takes much more time than those other projects.

Be sure I will inform you here about any news regarding this project.

Best wishes

Petr@MPM"

Patrice

Oh well, if they are making them 'SUPER' kits then I for one will stop complaining as I will get some Mirage's and Fouga's if they are good, at least two of each, maybe more.....but I do wish they would still come along sooner rather than later