1:72 Italeri H-21 Flying Banana

The only place that comes to my mind when the words 'drinking' and 'Lossiemouth' are mentioned in close order is Joanna's in Elgin and the less said about that the better.

• Like 1

Please be gentle with me g-usa this phone keyboard is quite hard work. I think I am doing quite well considering.

Hendie, I will try to find some pubs for you and maybe......take some pictures!! Yes!!

The only place that comes to my mind when the words 'drinking' and 'Lossiemouth' are mentioned in close order is Joanna's in Elgin and the less said about that the better.

Ah Joanna's - the start of the downfall of Elgin!

OOps - I just remembered the White Horse!

You are of course forgiven. Against Duncan B I hold permanent and irresolvable grudges though.

So I guess I'm too late to ask for close up photos of the instrument panels in the Tornadoes then?

DB

Edit: yes, nice helicopter, when can we expect to see it painted :poo:

Hello folks I am now back from Lossiemouth.

My camera memory card is now stuffed with Tornado pictures, including instrument panels and cockpit photos!!

Not a sniff of a Sea King though which saddens me greatly.

How about a "The Best Of" compilation of photos? You'll know better than me where they should be placed on this forum, still a lot of uncharted side allies for me (this place is huuuuuuge)... :D

• Like 1

Do you mean a compilation of photos from my trip? If so a modest selection will appear on My Lossimouth visit thread shortly.

The walkaround photos of the Tornados (and an old Buccaneer) should appear in the Walkarounds section in the next few days. I am sending them directly to Julien, not putting them on Photobucket as there are hundreds.

Yes, this place is rather big, its a wonder there isn't an echo.

• Like 1

Do you mean a compilation of photos from my trip? If so a modest selection will appear on My Lossimouth visit thread shortly.

The walkaround photos of the Tornados (and an old Buccaneer) should appear in the Walkarounds section in the next few days. I am sending them directly to Julien, not putting them on Photobucket as there are hundreds.

And, sure enough, there's a thread for it already... Bookmarked...

Yes, this place is rather big, its a wonder there isn't an echo... echo... echo... echo... echo...

What do you mean - there is no echo? echo... echo... echo... echo...

Edited by Vanja #66
  • Like 1

Hello folks I am now back from Lossiemouth.

My camera memory card is now stuffed with Tornado pictures, including instrument panels and cockpit photos!!

Not a sniff of a Sea King though which saddens me greatly.

The clue to the topic of the visit was provided by the group name, "Tornado SIG". I'm just jealous, ignore me (as usual). Now get back to work on that helicopter, it'll soon be Telford time again and it'll still not be done.

DB

Banana Build - Day 77

Duncan, this will be entered in the Perth show (April), you can be sure of this. You are right though, I was sold the lie of Sea Kings and had to make do with second best Tornados. Actually I came to think it was a very beautiful aircraft. There were lots of tiddly bits and I like that.

So far I have only one humble photo to post tonight. I have been working on this all evening:

P1040612_zps0b90c581.jpg

I think I will get some more rib detailing done.

So bye just for now,

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 1

Gasp!!!! I think that within the next ten pages you may actually close up the fuselage halves. Could paint be next??? Seriously, though, excellant detail work on the interior ribbing and installation of the Eduard ribs. Your patience and meticulous work is well rewarded with this outstanding detail. I am impressed. Look forward to the next update.

• Like 1

Banana Build - Day 78

Tonight I got the remainder of the ribbing finished:

P1040616_zps89e460b9.jpg

I then added a PE strip from the Extratech Structure Elements set:

P1040617_zpsb8c006e1.jpg

I should be able to get some more done tonight. Stay posted.

Nigel

Warp factor 9, I like that. Pete and Duncan please take note.

I then got the wiring installed:

P1040618_zpsa36196ff.jpg

There is not too much to do on this side now. We are getting dangerously close to primer application!!