Hansa airbrush needles

burncpt

Hi All,

Just purchased a Hansa 381 from littlecars and haven't used it yet as when I took it apart the needle seems to have a slight bend in it - such that if you roll it on a flat surface it can be seen moving up and down. When assembled it doesn't pull straight through the nozzle but off to one side. Is this normal/acceptable? I have let Paul at littlecars know but he didn't have a definitive answer as yet so I though I'd see if people here can help! It's my first proper brush that's not a nasty chinese copy so I really want to get using it ASAP!

Cheers

Chris

A bent needle isn't normal, and it'll affect your painting. I had one recently that deflected the whole output to one side :S Not insurmountable, but a bit of a pest, and you'll get much more build up on the tip as a result. Ask Paul for a replacement, and I'm sure he'll oblige.

While you're at it, I'd get yourself some spares too. I go through stages of bending needles or having nozzles fatigue and split, and without my spares box, I'd be producing even less kits in a year! :lol:

I reviewed the 381 Black a while ago, and it's a nice airbrush. Last seen heading to Warrington in the grips of a pal, who also rates it highly :)

• Like 1

It was on the strength of your review that I bought it actually! I wanted to avoid an Iwata - everybody has one and I really like the toolless nozzle change on the H&S/Hansa so I thought something different was in order. I did want a black one really but Paul didn't stock them. Still looks nice in silver, tho unfortunately it has some damage to the chrome on the front of the body which somehow must have got past the QC. Paul was very surprised (with good reason) but have sent him some photos and hopefully a new body will be on its way to me as well!

Thanks for the tips - I think spares are in order - seals etc. and I think I'll get a 0.2 needle/nozzle too sooner rather than later.

Hi Chris, return the whole brush to Paul for a replacement. These are precision tools and not cheap. Besides Paul would be the first to advise to return a damaged item to the retailer. You are going to have to be patient just a little bit longer I'm afraid. :weep:

Chris,

If the needle isn't centered properly then it's not right and I'll be sending out a replacement.

Have emailed H&S about this and the other thing you have noticed for an answer and in case there is a production problem.

Hopefully I'll here back from them in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying - did you get my email with photos thru? I took a short video of the needle in a seperate email but the file must be too large as it bounced back to me. Will try a lower res one today! Do you need the original brush back ASAP or will H&S send out a new one based on the photos?

Cheers

Chris

Excellent resolution - H&S replacing the body and a new needle from Paul (I can see why most people on here use him - swift and fair in equal measure with faultless customer service!) Can't wait to try her out! :thumbsup:

• Like 1