Academy EF111 A Raven(Spark Vark)

fallmonk

Hi Andy,

Its been a bit of a pig lots of sanding, so far lots of flash, some filling to do before I get some colour on , well some low viz,

to be honest never done a Academy kit before so am not sure if this normal or I have maybe a bad one ?

• Like 1

Hi there I am new to this forum and I would like to post pictures , however I ve managed to register with photobucket and can t seem to post any pics on here . Is there any one that can help me maybe step by step , would be very much appreciated . Thanks

Hi mate,if you have a photobucket account it should be reasonably easy,

normally you just open thd picture you want to post right click on the section that says "IMG" (for forums/boards)

Then come here open a new post and left click to post the img link to photo bucket that shouldnbe it!

Nice job on the build.

One thing for you, only FB-111A/C aircraft used three pylons on the wings. The other variants used two on each wing.

Mark

Thank You Mhoupt, I never knew that, and instructions never mentioned that, just done a google search looks like it's the two inner pylons that stay and the outer's that go. Edited by fallmonk

Thank You Mhoupt, I never knew that, and instructions never mentioned that, just done a google search looks like it's the two inner pylons that stay and the outer's that go.

Yes, you are correct about the two inners remaining.

• Like 1

First bit of colour on it ,well its primer .with newly modifided pylons many thanks again to Mark/Mhoupt for pointing out my and academys error!

C721E50B-7F7A-4D5F-8C7B-911C1156D10A.jpg

Ok first real colour , can anyone spot the difference??? lol

DDEED84D-F8ED-4C52-9895-C91F255B3874.jpg

5BA2C3A2-81A1-423C-873F-1C17DCDE845B.jpg

AB1695D9-2A6F-4A24-8B07-859071DA2CA8.jpg

Not much off a difference from the primer . could have saved a fortune in paint lol

Edited by fallmonk
  • Like 1

Bit of progress (freezing cold in the shed isnt good for modeling lol)

Done some over the holiday season , not sure if i can put the fuel/ferry tanks on the line up of the movable pylons isnt true! will look at it in daylight and take it from there , still to put on the pitot tube, and re fab some new radar ants as i broke the top one.

5D264A04-B30C-4F2E-B202-A462423C51BA.jpg

3A365F51-E9CC-4E97-B9B3-5D448BCB6829.jpg

0F7E9D9C-43D1-4344-B6EE-EFDB3AE2E621.jpg

07315CC1-AA13-457C-BA95-DA4E90790984.jpg