Academy 1/48 Spitfire FR. MK.XIVe

Hi all;

This is my first post... go gentle! Here is my Academy 1/48 Spitfire FR. MK.XIVe. This is only my 4th completed kit, and the one I am happiest with so far. This is completely OOB, no aftermarket parts were added etc. This is also my first kit working with an airbrush. I certainly learned a LOT making this, and I am looking forward to the next kit.

I think some of the weathering is a bit overdone, but some of that was to cover up mistakes I made etc. For example, at one point I sprayed a bunch of rubbing alcohol out of a stuck syringe while trying to clean it, and got a nice line of drops all across the bottom of the plane, completely dissolving the silver right through to the plastic.

I welcome any critiques at all. I am sure there are flaws in the kit, but as I said this is OOB and I was mainly concentrating on learning techniques, mastering my airbrush etc.

Thanks for looking!

- phil

11389812133_456da000f5_b.jpg

11389711164_5ca2735953_o.jpg

11389812603_820828ac77_o.jpg

Edited by xappie
  • Like 4

Looks great. :goodjob:

The under wing serials need to be closer to the leading edge. I use the panel line that runs just above the wheel well as a guide. HTH.

• Like 1

The under wing serials need to be closer to the leading edge. I use the panel line that runs just above the wheel well as a guide. HTH.

Yes, that helps. That was one thing that I had trouble with. Once I had the roundels on, there didn't seem to be room for the serials. Maybe they can overlap the roundels? I could have slid the roundels over more, if I had planned more carefully. (Although there are lights there, so I am not sure how much more room I could have created.)