1/48 Italeri F/A-18E Hornet - update 16/12

AndyC

Well,this one was meant to be for the Hornet STGB http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940760-148-italeri-fa-18e-hornet-abandoned/ but took a nose-dive off the bench. It caused an epic FAIL to finish a GB for me.

Tbf there were no howls of anguish (I actually heaved a sigh of relief :yahoo: when it did) as it's a shocker of a kit. However in the spirit of KUTA, I'm going to try and finish it...

Here it is in all it's horridness...

001_zpsefbb840e.jpg

002_zps75c8033f.jpg

Updates soon...

A little bit like Groundhog day...I've got the beast back into the position it was in before it took a nosedive...it's still going to need an acre of filler to get it close to acceptable...

001_zpsf6438deb.jpg

002_zps0116f753.jpg

Particularly as the starboard LERX underside snapped at a corner when it shattered (which I hadn't noticed).

I have seen lots of comments all over the place about how old Airfix kits 'fit where they touch'. Those making such comments have obviously never tried an Italeri kit. You are brave man Andy.

• Like 1

I have seen lots of comments all over the place about how old Airfix kits 'fit where they touch'. Those making such comments have obviously never tried an Italeri kit. You are brave man Andy.

Ha! So true!