1/25 Batman Tumbler

JaseGill

I just picked this up at the new Modfelzone in WHSmiths in Reading.

Ive had a look inside and its up to the usual great Moebius standard.

Recommended to anyone who likes the new Batman Movie Trilogy.

It was £39.99 which seems a bit pricey but there's loads in the box.

J.

ytbo.jpg

Hi, JaseGill.

Would love to see a WIP thread on this kit. I have often thought about getting it...

Good to hear that WH Smiths are stocking a bit more than the "usual suspects" in their Modelzone sections. I'll have to check out the branch in Milton Keynes some time.

Cheers.

Chris.

Chris,
I will do one when I build it, definitely.

If you do go to an MZ in WHSmith there is a voucher in the current Airfix Magazine, one with the Javelin on the front, for 20% off.
I wish I'd known that before I went as I think the MZ prices seem quite inflated versus t'internet.

J.

Cool. I love the look of it after cracking it open...
The only 2 problems Im having are:

1. Keeping the sidecutters away from it.

2. Deciding whether to do it Black or as per the Camo ones.

Might just have to get a 2nd one ;)

J.

I wonder if they will bring out a kit of "The Bat". Do hope so :)

Edited by JaseGill

I got this one for my birthday, really like the look of it. Wish it wasn't black plastic though! Seen a couple of examples lit up with LEDs on the spot lights and they look good. Wish they'd supplied Batman with it though.

The passengers seat comes with harnesses however the drivers doesn't, so I suspect Batman was poked off in this one.

Breaker,
You can buy, Ive just ordered, Batman 1/25th figures also by Moebius.

They come as one standing and one for the Batpod though. I now wish I'd bought the Batpod too as they are quite difficult to get hold of now...

J.

Thats the one Kallisti.

Don't expect a massive collection as its just a corner up on the left side half way down the shop.

A lot of Hornby trains etc but a not too bad collection of plastic kits and a very good selection (whole range?) of the new Humbrol paints and weathering washes/powders so not bad at all.

I'm going back maybe later in the week, this time with the 20% discount voucher out of this months Airfix Magazine :)

J.

I got this one for my birthday, really like the look of it. Wish it wasn't black plastic though! Seen a couple of examples lit up with LEDs on the spot lights and they look good. Wish they'd supplied Batman with it though.

The passengers seat comes with harnesses however the drivers doesn't, so I suspect Batman was poked off in this one.

This might be the 1st ever kit I light Breaker. Ive always wanted to try one but this is the 1st I'd feel happy about chopping up to do so I think.

After a closer inspection of the parts I now want another for the Sand/Tan camo version, which I might do 1st I think, just to be different.

J.

Breaker,

You can buy, Ive just ordered, Batman 1/25th figures also by Moebius.

They come as one standing and one for the Batpod though. I now wish I'd bought the Batpod too as they are quite difficult to get hold of now...

J.

This might be the 1st ever kit I light Breaker. Ive always wanted to try one but this is the 1st I'd feel happy about chopping up to do so I think.

After a closer inspection of the parts I now want another for the Sand/Tan camo version, which I might do 1st I think, just to be different.

J.

Yeah, I've got a Batpod on order from Wonderland but they're really yanking my chain at the moment, ordered on 11/11/13 for my birthday 22/11 and still not received. I'll try and find the thread for you with the LEDs in (different forum).

I'll probably do a sand/tan as well at some point, maybe scratch build the twin barrel cannon or the rocket pods from the last film.

Quite agree about the black plastic.....I'm not sure if 'fully functional stealth characteristics' were an intentional part of the model's design, but it is damned hard to see the parts properly, let alone get a camera to focus on them! :shutup:

Moebius also seem to like stuffing their boxes 'to capacity and beyond'.....It's almost as hard to repack as the Pegasus! Makes a very pleasant change from finding a couple of wee sprues rattling around in the corner of a vast box! :thumbsup:

Black and white are the two hardest colours to photograph - followed by Revell AFV green :S

They probably moulded it in black for the kids who aren't bothered about painting it. :)

Black and white are the two hardest colours to photograph - followed by Revell AFV green :S

They probably moulded it in black for the kids who aren't bothered about painting it. :)

Indeed.

Worth mentioning on this actually, some of the instructions are wrong and need attention to correct. part numbers for some of the aero braces are wrong and one of the rear diff type parts needs putting in the other way round.

I'd also be careful with the painting instructions on the rear wheels. Moebius call for black spokes with silver inners for the centres but from screen grabs from the Blu-Ray, there's no silver.

That lit up kit really works. Its convinced me to light the black one (that'll be the 2nd one I do) up.

I agree on black plastic, what a pointless thing that is. Do kids actually buy these at these prices and then not paint them? Its the same as the early Revell Red Arrows 1/32 Hawks. Does no one any favours.

Agree with the box tightly packed too, Moebius must have to 3D model the box contents to get them to fit so tight yet safely. That said from the manufacturers opinion you just cant win can you? To tight to look and put back to bed versus so free running they get bashed up, we moan either way.

Thanks for the links and info too Breaker, much appreciated :)

J.

Something I've only just started doing Breaker.

Mold agent on mine too so its had a good old soak and is now drying off :)

Thanks for the warning.

J.

Right, a few more observations.

The cockpit builds up with inner and outer walls and they're a sod to get to fit right. I've got some photos that I'll put together on how I feel the easiest way is to get them all sitting about right shortly. It's vital these all fit well, as the cockpit is a monocoque style. You start from the inside and all the other panels fit onto this one.

I've also found another error in the instructions, regarding the front wheel hubs.

Also, I've sat and watched all of the scenes from Batman Begins. I'll put a comparison together shortly of the Camo and Black differences and painting corrections.

Done a bit more building today, started to but some of my thoughts in my thread. Post can be found here - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951883-moebius-batman-tumbler/#entry1494193

Can't stress enough about the mould release agent, I'm having to remove some primer off my seats as it's reacted.

That's a bit naughty IMHO.....As you pointed out the Tumbler was definitely designed to have a figure and there's not much to a Batpod without one! :unsure:

Will one of these 'separately available figures' fit perfectly into the driver's seat of the Tumbler by any chance? :hmmm:

That's a bit naughty IMHO.....As you pointed out the Tumbler was definitely designed to have a figure and there's not much to a Batpod without one! :unsure:

Will one of these 'separately available figures' fit perfectly into the driver's seat of the Tumbler by any chance? :hmmm:

Not that I'm aware of. The two figure set has one that 'should' fit on the Batpod but doesn't according to other forums and the second figure is shown on page one, just a straight forward standing pose!

I'm thinking about doing two of these, one Camo, one normal. Tempted to remove the belts from the second kit and have one with both and one with none!