Century Series GB 2015

trickyrich

And for number 2..........

Ok this GB is for what could be described as the start of the golden age of US aircraft design from the 50’s to the early 60’s, the “Century Series” aircraft. A bit of something for everybody here with the main types everyone knows and a couple of experimentals for those who like to be different!

F-100 Super Sabre

F-101 Voodoo

F-102 Delta Dagger

XF-103 Thunder Warrior

F-104 Star Fighter

F-105 Thunderchief

F-106 Delta Dart

YF-107 Ultra Sabre

XF-108 Rapier

XF-109

Sorry the F-110 Spectre was renamed/numbered F-4 Phantom and the F-111 Aardvark is a bit too late. As for the F-117 don’t ask!

I think probably everyone has one of these in there stash, if not they’re easy to get hold of and there’s tons of aftermarket stuff to keep all sorts of builders happy!

1, trickyrich - host

2, Starfighter

3, jb65rams

4, hythe

5, Swamp Donkey

6, Mish

7, Julien

8, hgbn - co-host

9, Paul J

10, AndyC

11, Arniec

Well you can count me in for a start . . .I just LOVE the century series, and I've just started my Italeri 1/32 F-104 yesterday ! Mind you, that won't be the one for the group build, so probably an F-100, my other favourite. :cheers:

Sounds like a good enough excuse to put my XF-108 together...

How come no F-110 (the one marked as such on the nose) or F-111? No fair!

It's a shame the USN equivalents/superiors of the same era can't be included (F11F, A-5/A3J - directly descended from the XF-108, F-8/F8U, F-4), but I suppose you have to stop somewhere...

Sounds like a good enough excuse to put my XF-108 together...

How come no F-110 (the one marked as such on the nose) or F-111? No fair!

It's a shame the USN equivalents/superiors of the same era can't be included (F11F, A-5/A3J - directly descended from the XF-108, F-8/F8U, F-4), but I suppose you have to stop somewhere...

I just knew someone would mention the F-110 and the F-111. :banghead:

Depending on where you sit and who you want to believe the century series actually only covered the F-100 to F-106 and didn’t even include the experimental types.

But I was thinking it would be nicer and more interesting to include the original 9 aircraft types.

I know the original Air Force version of the F-4 Phantom was called the F-110A Specter and two Navy F4H-1s were delivered to the Air Force in Jan62 (BuNos 149405 and 149406) and for a time were painted up as such, but by Sep62 this was change to the now common F-4 designation. If you have an F-110 Specter or the bit to convert and F-4 into an F-110 then I guess it can be considered.

The F-111 is a hard one, I do have a certain soft spot for them….but......... for this I’ll take the easy way out and let other interested members decide whether it's in or not! :whistle:

Personnely I'd just like to see the original 9, the F-110 and F-111 were at the start of the next era.

I actually want to build the YF-107!

What really handy guys is if someone keeps a running list of all interested members and highlights the hosts

arrrr ok? :crosseyed:

do you mean the list below the other list? :D

ok I now know what you mean. :banghead:

1, trickyrich - host

2, Starfighter

3, jb65rams

4, hythe

5, Swamp Donkey

6, Mish

7, Julien

has opening for co-host?

• Like 1

100% interested ! It's a fascinating subject, the number of types may not be too high but the markings wore by these more than make up for it.

And on the matter of which types are in or not, I personally believe the F-108 to be the last one. The Century Series was a lot about pushing the performance farther and farther, the types that followed didn't really have this goal in mind

100% interested ! It's a fascinating subject, the number of types may not be too high but the markings wore by these more than make up for it.

And on the matter of which types are in or not, I personally believe the F-108 to be the last one. The Century Series was a lot about pushing the performance farther and farther, the types that followed didn't really have this goal in mind

I'm inclined to agree, even the XF-109 was a bit of an oddity so unless someone really(!!! ???) wants to build it we will pass on that.

Sorry after thinking about it a bit more the F-110 and F-111 (I can't believe I'm saying this) well be excluded as well. There's more than enough diversity in the F-100 to F-108 range to keep everyone amused and prevent double ups.

Saw you need a Co-host. If no other more experienced volunteer to this, then I might be interested

Well Henrik you've got it!

Welcome aboard.....have no idea what a host or co-host really does other than give inspirational speeches and everyone the hurry-up at the end :whip: , but by the time this comes around will sort of have it figured! :D

1, trickyrich - host

2, Starfighter

3, jb65rams

4, hythe

5, Swamp Donkey

6, Mish

7, Julien

8, hgbn - co-host

9, Paul J

10, AndyC

11, Arniec