WW1 100 Anniversary Group Build

Count me in please,

I haven't build a biplane for longer than I can remember so this will be a challenge, plane of choice will be the Roden 1/72 Felixstowe

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/Jockney007/image_zpsfbd652c4.jpg

I have decals for the white squiggles but will need my hand held for any rigging all help will be gratefully received !

Cheers Pat

Count me in on this GB with WW1 1914 Belgian infantry two scales 28mm (Brigade/Great War Minis)and 1/32 (Scale Link)

Edited by fraxinus

This sounds interesting !

Hi Erwin back in 2009 on my blog I became very interested in the modern weapons/archaic uniforms of the Belgian Army of 1914....and always think they are the forgotten soldiers of the western front see http://fraxinus-victoryv.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Great%20War%20Belgian%20Army hope linky thing works....this is an opportunity to dust off those Dog Carts!

Hi Erwin back in 2009 on my blog I became very interested in the modern weapons/archaic uniforms of the Belgian Army of 1914....and always think they are the forgotten soldiers of the western front see

You are right on that point. The Belgians rarely get mentioned.

Many people assume that the fighting in Flanders Fields was only done by the Frensh,Brits and ANZAC troops.

Edited by Erwin

I've been thinking about this one.

I have a Red Star Anrata DS in 1/72 scale that was mastered by Frog. I've never seem one built and I've no references on it!

I can do that one.

Trevor

I'd like to join this one too.

Most likely to be figures from Tommy's War but the Airfix Old Bill Bus is tempting too!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Erwin back in 2009 on my blog I became very interested in the modern weapons/archaic uniforms of the Belgian Army of 1914....and always think they are the forgotten soldiers of the western front see http://fraxinus-victoryv.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Great%20War%20Belgian%20Army hope linky thing works....this is an opportunity to dust off those Dog Carts!

Not to mention an outstanding book on the Belgian Air Service in World War 1 by Walter Pieters. It is thick, heavy and not one page is wasted as it comprehensively covers their exploits, day by day from the start of World War 1 to the finish.

Christian the Married

Hi All,

Just caught up with the real world and thought I had better introduce myself to the merry throng!

This will be my first co-host of a G.B. So with Erwin's guidance and your patience it will be fun.

For me World War 1 aviation is where I started modelling 42 years ago, (my brother received a Spitfire, me a Camel!). I have other interests, but I have decided to allow other interests to run down and focus on this topic, so in effect I have returned home to my modelling roots.

So welcome all, (belatedly), and lets have some great builds, camaraderie and fun!

As an aside to the G.B. I am thinking of doing a scratchbuild of an airframe from 1914, either a Taube or Bleriot, just for the heck of it. But which one?

Happy Hunting,

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

Personal reasons made me decide to leave the hobby.

I was to be a host in the GB.

I PM'd Mish about this matter.

I hope one of you will be willing to take my place.

Greetings,

Erwin