WW1 100 Anniversary Group Build

Hi all,

We'll as I build mostly WW1 aircraft thought I better join. Don't know what yet. On a side note I will be away from the end of May until the start of October with work, so I will be an late starter!

Justin

I'm in. Just picked up an Academy Camel. This will be my first crack at rigging a biplane....

Tuttle.

Save time, angrily smash one BEFORE starting the build, then you'll have it all out of the way for the GB. 'Swhat I'd do.

:rofl:

The plastic parts are on a single sprue 80mm x 70mm in area. Yes, it's that small! The struts and undercarriage legs are PE. There are no locations for them moulded into the plastic parts...

• 1 month later...

I need to step outside my comfort zone. My original intention was to build the Airfix Old Bill Bus. That doesn't seem to be released in time for the GB though.

Instead, I will build Ernst Udet's Fokker D.VII from the 1/48 Eduard kit. I haven't built a biplane in nearly four decades, so that is well outside my comfort zone. But just to confirm things, I shall also build the Miniart 1/16 figure of Udet himself. This is scary! :yikes:

• Like 1

My kits arrived today. :yahoo:

The Eduard 1/48 Fokker D.VII is a complete work of art. It's almost a shame to build it.

But I will anyway... :lol:

Now I just need to get some decals for Udet's aircraft.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

I'm changing my choice for the GB to a WnW Sopwith Triplane but it won't me a RFC one :shutup::pilot:

Soooooooo, French or Russian...?