WW1 100 Anniversary Group Build

Hi all,

I welcome you all to the WW-1 groupbuild where your hosts will guide ,advice an encourage you to the best of our knowledge.

This GB will be for any nation and military subject that saw action during WW-1 (figurines,ships,tanks,planes,cars,etc...)

Civilian cars are allowed if they were converted for military use.

Any type of kit (wood,plastic,paper,metal,resin,etc...)is allowed ranging from out of the box to full aftermarket (max 25 % started)

The main intent of the GB is to have fun !

Feel free to use this topic to ask for info on WW-1 subjects.

About me:

I've been around on BM for a while and have hosted the PTO and Battle of Britain GB in the past.So I can say that I have some experiance on the matter of hosting.

I live in Ostend on the Belgian coast. It's only a 40 min drive for me to be in Flanders Fields.

WW-1 isn't that far away for me. That is why I asked Mish to be a host in this GB.

Edited by Erwin

I'm in with a plane dunno what sort yet, got a few to choose from, Eduard Hanriot, Albatros D.III Oeffag, Brisfit...

...plenty of time to decide.

Wez

Just seen in the Airfix 2014 release schedule the Old Bill Bus being reissued... sounds like a suitable contender for me, wither that or the Eduard Sopwith Camel in my stash...

Then again if I want to continue with my series of builds for 5 Squadron, I could always have a go at one of these:

http://www.rafweb.org/SqnMark005.htm

Edited by Kallisti

I shall be joining with the WnW Se5a. I was going to start it in the New Year but will delay it now for the GB.

Andrew

Just seen in the Airfix 2014 release schedule the Old Bill Bus being reissued...

Looks like a very nice subject.And in 32 nd scale too !

I guess we will see more and more WW-1 kits being released or re-released next year.

Might even concider building the bus too... :hmmm:

This kit is a good example for the GB rule " civilian cars are allowed when converted for military use "

Edited by Erwin

No idea what I will do, but I am feeling dioramically poignant!

Pete

I've been thinking I would like to join in on this GB, but with what? I too have considered the Old Bill Bus being reissued from Airfix, as it looks an interesting and more unusual subject, but changed my mind. I think I will jump way out of my comfort zone and do the FT-17 tank by Meng. It feels even more scary than the Sea King I did in the Helicopter GB, building a tank...

Might just give me the KUTA I need to start one of the wingnut kits glaring at me from the stash,I see Andy Wood is going for the LVG,so it's a Gotha,or the Alby.