Korean War Group Build

I think I will join this one with an Airfix F51 D.

Mundane I know, compared to some of the other entries.

Welcome along. There's nowt wrong with mundane. I'll be doing a Sabre, and there's probably going to quite a few so they may well all blend into each other.

That's cool.

Will be testing out NMF before making my Lightning later in the year.

As a brush painter, it's going to be interesting to see what works and what doesn't.

That's cool.

Will be testing out NMF before making my Lightning later in the year.

As a brush painter, it's going to be interesting to see what works and what doesn't.

I find Humbrol or Revell Enamels brush nicely, especially the Humbrol. I also like Revell Aqua paints for brush painting, as long as it's thinned well.

I still plan on joining in on this build with a/some Korean War Armour - just need to get my head in the game! :boxing:

There's only :frantic: 40 days to go :boom:

Green is good, Green is good - now what shade of Olive was it :book:

No, it's the Vallejo mix but using Model Air :hypnotised:

Hey Mozzy

Are you doing an Armour Banner for the Korean War Build - but either way, where do I find it please to download etc

Hey Mozzy

Are you doing an Armour Banner for the Korean War Build - but either way, where do I find it please to download etc

Procopius was doing one, but I don't know if he managed to do it. I'll see if I can make one, but I'm not promising anything. I can't operate Photoshop to save my life! But I'll give it a bash...

Sean

Procopius was doing one, but I don't know if he managed to do it. I'll see if I can make one, but I'm not promising anything. I can't operate Photoshop to save my life! But I'll give it a bash...

Sean

I got very lazy. It's 5:30 AM here, but let me see what work is like when I get in, and if I can sneak the time, I'll kick it together. Sorry about that.

I got very lazy. It's 5:30 AM here, but let me see what work is like when I get in, and if I can sneak the time, I'll kick it together. Sorry about that.

It alright. It's not a critical situation. ;)

Right...count me in too if my suggestion passes muster.

It won't be an aeroplane but a carrier and a odd scale too. How's about a Colossus Class light fleet carrier in 1/1250th scale, steaming somewhere off of the west coast of Korea, and if I can get hold of any a/c in this scale with a full CAG ranged on deck. Is that allowable?

If so I'd like to do HMS Glory. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Right...count me in too if my suggestion passes muster.

It won't be an aeroplane but a carrier and a odd scale too. How's about a Colossus Class light fleet carrier in 1/1250th scale, steaming somewhere off of the west coast of Korea, and if I can get hold of any a/c in this scale with a full CAG ranged on deck. Is that allowable?

If so I'd like to do HMS Glory. :thumbsup:

That suggestion definitely passes muster. Sounds good, if not a bit small... :hypnotised:

Sean

• Like 1

Thanks Sean...it's an old kit I've been meaning to make for donkeys and this will give me the impetus to build some more ships as well as a/c. It's not that small really...you don't know how tall I am! :winkgrin:

Edit: Missing word. 'know'

Edited by Nobby57

It's not that small really...you don't know how tall I am! :winkgrin:

Edit: Missing word. 'know'

No matter how small you are/aren't, 1/1250 is microscopic! :P

Unless you're building a scale model of Jupiter, that won't be small.

Sean

• Like 1

It's huge for naval wargaming. I have most of the WWII-era Royal Navy's capital ships and destroyers in 1/6000 (not a typo) scale.

That makes sense. Are the 1/6000 ones pre-made? I can't imagine them having many parts if they were kits.

They have exactly two parts: the ship, and a small seascape base. Destroyers are in one part.

Just been reading back a few pages.

Apologies for all the questions about the smaller scale stuff. I've only ever built one 1/144 A-380 so I have no idea what's about.

Need to look into this stuff more!