Korean War Group Build

Just expanded my Korea collection using the money Christmas gifts earmarked for hobby use.

Trumpeter Sea Fury FB.mk 11

Special hobby Firefly mk5

Academy F-84E/G with Eduard 72 346 etch

Academy F-86E with SS 72-100 decals

Academy B-29A with Aeromaster 72-131 B-29's over Korea part II decals. I have one more So I better be building both, a early daytime overall natural metal finish and a late with black underside.

MPM HO3S-1 Dragonfly ( this one will be entering the less than a tenner GB)

Aims 7215 UK & commonwealth in Korea decals

Flevo FV72014 U.S.S. Boxer Korean War Cruise decals

Italeri B-26C Invader

Italeri F4U-7 Corsair ( USMC AU-1 can be build Out of this kit)

Revell B-26B Invader

• Like 2

Just expanded my Korea collection using the money Christmas gifts earmarked for hobby use.

Trumpeter Sea Fury FB.mk 11

Special hobby Firefly mk5

Academy F-84E/G with Eduard 72 346 etch

Academy F-86E with SS 72-100 decals

Academy B-29A with Aeromaster 72-131 B-29's over Korea part II decals. I have one more So I better be building both, a early daytime overall natural metal finish and a late with black underside.

MPM HO3S-1 Dragonfly ( this one will be entering the less than a tenner GB)

Aims 7215 UK & commonwealth in Korea decals

Flevo FV72014 U.S.S. Boxer Korean War Cruise decals

Italeri B-26C Invader

Italeri F4U-7 Corsair ( USMC AU-1 can be build Out of this kit)

Revell B-26B Invader

Hells bells! I think you'll be contributing most to this group build!

Let us see about that.. My plan is to build most from my stash as I can. The two new Invaders plus a couple from my Airfix ditto's, Both B-29's, the US Nightfigthers F4U-5NL, F7F-3N, F3D-2 and F-94B, the Yak-18 and PO-2 bedcheck charlies, the latter two is still yet to be located finding a way to my stash. and a Mig-15 nightfighter. Those will definety be entered in this GB. IF I have time to spare I might start more kits. But let us see when time comes. I feel really motivated right now, just hopes it will last through Less than a tenner GB.

I'm still debating with my self how to do the F7F-3N, either see if I can convert the Monogram Tigercat I already got in my stash, or If I can find a Octopus 1/72 F7F-3N somewhere.

Hi Mish,

just discovered the GB threads... better late than never.

Is it too late to join the Korean War GB?

If not, I am really interested!

Thanks

JR

Hello,

This seems to be an interesting GB, not done one before. Ever. I'm thinking about purchasing this kit:

tumblr_mz20nhTaS41rl7qlzo1_1280.jpg

The box art is really tempting me with the rescue attempt, plus it's a world away form what I usually build... For those who know better, is this kit worth the £25 (inc. P&P) asking price?

- Edit, found the Revell re-release for £17 total on Eb*y... Only wish it had the same box-art :weep:.

Edited by V-4CE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Total bummer. God I'm disappointed. :badmood: Finally got my package from where I ordered the Revell B-26B after over a month of waiting... Eagerly I open the packet to see my Korea bird........ And what do I see? A Italeri 6 gun nose WWII

A-26B.....I only ordered the Revell because it was listed as in stock... :fuyou_2: If I had known that, I would bought one at Ebay...The least the shop could have done was sending me a email and asked if it was okay to send this instead of the other one. Some people :fraidnot: . I know I can return it for a refund... But that is not the point. Rant off............

I wouldn't have been this disappointed if this kit had decals for a Korean war 6 gun nose..

Sorry guys I had to blow some steam.

Total bummer. God I'm disappointed. :badmood: Finally got my package from where I ordered the Revell B-26B after over a month of waiting... Eagerly I open the packet to see my Korea bird........ And what do I see? A Italeri 6 gun nose WWII

A-26B.....I only ordered the Revell because it was listed as in stock... :fuyou_2: If I had known that, I would bought one at Ebay...The least the shop could have done was sending me a email and asked if it was okay to send this instead of the other one. Some people :fraidnot: . I know I can return it for a refund... But that is not the point. Rant off............

I wouldn't have been this disappointed if this kit had decals for a Korean war 6 gun nose..

Sorry guys I had to blow some steam.

Are there any AM decal options out there???

Currently I have kits and decals for a SAAF F-86, SAAF and RAAF F-51s, VVS MiG-15, RN Firefly FR.5, and RN Seafire 47. I think I've overreached. Mind you, I'm so disappointed with the late-mark Special Hobby Seafire/Spitfire kits that I might try kitbashing it with the Airfix Spitfire 22, if I can figure out how to do the enlarged bulges on the wings.

Currently I have kits and decals for a SAAF F-86, SAAF and RAAF F-51s, VVS MiG-15, RN Firefly FR.5, and RN Seafire 47. I think I've overreached. Mind you, I'm so disappointed with the late-mark Special Hobby Seafire/Spitfire kits that I might try kitbashing it with the Airfix Spitfire 22, if I can figure out how to do the enlarged bulges on the wings.

What's wrong with the Special Hobby kits?

The wingtips are the wrong shape, quite noticeably so, and the nose is too short. For the high-back versions, the sliding hood is far too big as well.

I'm not really very observant, so the fact that I noticed this stuff...not a good sign, Special Hobby.