Korean War Group Build

Has anyone seen the new Sword Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight for real?? It does looks interesting on web, I'm seriously considering investing in one next year.

I have one and will be building it for this GB. It's a very nice kit. The Skyknight is a lot bigger than I expected.

Well, it arrived yesterday (or more correctly, Mrs Wez collected it from the postal depot yesterday), but I had a long day at work yesterday so I thought I'd wait until I could give it the once-over with refreshed eyes.

On opening the box I was transported back to the early 1970's - it's very reminiscent of 1960's Airfix/Frog kits/early Matchbox!

It's quite simple, the cockpit has a floor and seats and that's - something needs to be done about that! The surface detail is quite restrained and looks good but there is a lot of flash which will need careful cleaning up. Canopy is single piece but usable, some of the detail moulding is a little crude but not unexpected.

There's four decal choices, three in green and light blue (Polish, North Korean and captured USAF) and a North Korean one in overall black which I'll be doing for the GB.

Overall impression is of a simple kit that will benefit from a bit of careful cleaning up and detailing - an ideal companion for something more complicated during the GB.

Wez

Basically like a KP kit then? I better get me one of these

• Like 1

This is planned to be build here. I think I stick to the night theme for this GB. If I manage to get a few last items before this starts, but since I got a fairly large time margin it should be doable

It's mainly decals I need to get hold of.

This is planned to be build here. I think I stick to the night theme for this GB. If I manage to get a few last items before this starts, but since I got a fairly large time margin it should be doable

It's mainly decals I need to get hold of.

Sounds good. It'll be an interesting comparison with Enzo's Sword kit.

• Like 1

Hello all!

I have an Airfix MiG-15 that is just itching to be built for this, looking very forward to this, actually!

Welcome along, I can see the Airifx MiG-15 being a popular choice for this build.

Sean

I have got a Mig-15 to build from Tamiya, or a Tigercat Nightfighter. O decisions,decisions.

Cheers,

If im doubting between two models to build, i always try to pick the one that is most different from the one i made last.

Hope that helps, then again you can always build both them....

• Like 1

I have got a Mig-15 to build from Tamiya, or a Tigercat Nightfighter. O decisions,decisions.

Cheers,

If im doubting between two models to build, i always try to pick the one that is most different from the one i made last.

Hope that helps, then again you can always build both them....

Or flip a coin maybe?

I think their sales are highest in the Czech Republic, so not really. I may still pick up the combi-pack and get some after-market Yalu MiG decals so I can use t'other for a Suez Miggy.

Also picked up some Korean War books on the recommendation of -Neu- today. Does anyone know if other air forces besides those of the Commonwealth, ROK, and USAF/USN participated?

Also picked up some Korean War books on the recommendation of -Neu- today. Does anyone know if other air forces besides those of the Commonwealth, ROK, and USAF/USN participated?

North Korea?

:coat:

I think their sales are highest in the Czech Republic, so not really.

Yes okay, so you include a couple of czech markings for your home sales. Since they offer 11 options I thought it was strange only to include czech markings. I bed they would have made more sales if they changed two or three czech markings for Russian or Korean ones.