Korean War Group Build

This will be my first ever groupbuild, cant resist the korean war with all the different types of aircrafts.

I will be building an usaf c-119 boxcar

That's what I'll be doing to, (I call them Packets as I used to when I was a kid)

Is there any other nice schemes about apart from NMF?

To be evil. Do all of them... :wicked:

If you have time. ;)

I'll see what I can do, I'll probably go for the F-84 'cos its an easier build (unless I use the Academy kit which needs a bit of fettling). The Airfix F-80 would probably benefit from rescribing though.

Wez

Edited by Wez

That's what I'll be doing to, (I call them Packets as I used to when I was a kid)

There are some white grey ones or camouflaged but they didnt fly in korea i think,

But there is probably one odd bird

There were some with some "interesting nose art" (pritty laydeeze), I think it was either Carpena or Susperscale or maybe both which did sheets for these, got an idea they were Korea based.

Wez

Help a newbie time...a quick browse on the interweb tells me Texans were used as spotter planes, so could anyone confirm this was the case and if so, is the italeri 1/48 kit a wise choice or are there any other recommendations?

Help a newbie time...a quick browse on the interweb tells me Texans were used as spotter planes, so could anyone confirm this was the case and if so, is the italeri 1/48 kit a wise choice or are there any other recommendations?

The Italeri (nee Occidental) kit is a good choice, the Texans had some nice colour schemes too! Can't remember off of the top of my head if it comes with the requisite armament.

Wez

There are some white grey ones or camouflaged but they didnt fly in korea i think,

But there is probably one odd bird

Camouflage was first introduced during the Vietnam war. The grey and white was also late birds

They were used as forward air control aircraft, and did have rocket load outs. Having not seen the Italeri kit myself, I can't comment on whether it's appropriate.

yep F-82G and F-94B USAF

F4U-5NL, F7F-3n and Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight USMC

MIG-15 on the red side

Did I miss any?

Bombers

B-29A, B-26B 6 gun nose, B-26B 8 gun nose, B-26C. Have to research USN and USMC.. Neptunes was used in the interdiction role. AD-4N skyraider?

PO-2 and Yak 18

That F-86 with the shark mouth looks MEAN

Hobbyboss recently released a RF-80A Shooting Star, the photo recon version.

The exact aircraft with the in box markings is among those photos Radleigh, thanks for those photos, So I think I've got an idea of what I'll be building. :)

A definitive stash trawl has given me these...

1/72 Airfix MiG-15, Academy B-29

1/48 Tamiya F-84G, Hobbycraft F-94B, T-33 and Sea Fury FB.11, Monogram F-80C and F9F-5, Airfix Seafire 47

1/32 Hobbycraft Sea Fury FB.11

:Tasty:

I also have a number of F-86's but they are going on another GB!