Korean War Group Build

I'm thinking of going completely out of my comfort zone and doing some armour for the build! I'm angling towards a 1/48 T34/85 by Hobby Boss. Does anyone know if the Angle Jointed Turret version or the Flattened Turret version is more appropriate or are they both fine, or neither?

cheers

Segan

Thanks Sean. The two different turret types are both T-34/85s. I'm sure there's not much in it. From pictures I've found on the web there seams to be a couple of variations in the turrets used in Korea so I think I'll just pick one and dive in!

Thanks Sean. The two different turret types are both T-34/85s. I'm sure there's not much in it. From pictures I've found on the web there seams to be a couple of variations in the turrets used in Korea so I think I'll just pick one and dive in!

my mistake, I didn't know the /85 had different turrets. Not really my area unfortunately. At least you've got it sorted now though... ;)

Well it looks like I will be building either the USS Chevalier, or, if I can get some Panthers, Skyraiders and Corsairs in 1/350 then it may be the USS Essex, or maybe some armour.

Not really my area unfortunately. At least you've got it sorted now though... ;)

Mine neither, the things with tracks are a bit of a mystery to me. This will be my first I've built since I was kid. I remembered there are a couple of armour modeling sites and did a little bit of a search on them and came up with an answer. Seems the flattened turret is the thing and as luck would have it Squadron were featuring the kit in their Battle of the Brands promotion for snapped one up for $12, sweet.

Cheers

Segan

• 2 weeks later...

The hunter gatherer has been busy...looking out from his swamp he thinks to himself, 'fresh stash of DAS modelling clay sat on the side...sourcing a suitable base this weekend...yep. eight days to go, should do this easy. Damn! Forgot...still can't source any aircraft for HMS Glory/Ocean in 1/1200-1/1250 scale...and I sent a very nice email to that place over yonder too!'

So get ready to misconstrue what's about to happen...today I ordered two 1/72 Hobby Boss Sea Furies (I know the spinner has issues!). Have patience crew...the Royal Navy never had nano carriers, but I have a cunning plan. :mental:

• Like 1

So get ready to misconstrue what's about to happen...today I ordered two 1/72 Hobby Boss Sea Furies (I know the spinner has issues!). Have patience crew...the Royal Navy never had nano carriers, but I have a cunning plan. :mental:

I think this sounds jolly interesting! :popcorn:

• Like 1

OOOOH! All these rumbly, thumpy, bangy, whirry things are getting me all a' fluster.

This looks like it's going to be really good fun. I just can't wait, and I think Procopius knows what I'm up to...but doesn't quite know how I'm going to display the CAP...for that matter; neither do I yet.

Anyway, all the best to each and every one of you; with such a topic to model, it's going to be impressive.

Regards,

Graham

PS Procopius...you hit the Greek spot again! :winkgrin:

Edited by Nobby57
  • Like 1

I paid a lot of money for a (largely useless) classical education, and I'll be damned if I don't get my money's worth, by hook or by crook.

I'm still paying for mine...and to be very honest with everybody...if I hadn't had it...I swear I'd be on drugs.

Forewarned is forearmed, and as I say..."you got some ignorant 'stuff' to deal with punk; well yeah do you?"

***gibber, gibber, gibber!***

"Hmmm...ok punk, I'm going to give you one last chance. Does E=MC2?

Damn...that's the non-classical version!