Less than a Tenner Group Build

Found an entry, revell 1:48 bf 109 g-10, picked it up on sale for 12$ canadian at the LHS

:thumbsup: Enjoy it! It's a wonderful kit!

Here's mine http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234929037-an-old-friend/

Change of plan; I'll not be doing that Tamiya Spitfire. It needs some replacement parts and I'd planned to do it in the markings of a [late] friend of mine so it'll get different decals.

But, I have loads of others just waiting to be done.

• Like 1

Yep can't wait... Really need to do something OOB done. The Neptune for the training types GB is fun but a really slow build. I need to see something finished soon to keep my mojo running.

I think I'll build one of my tri-planes.

The price of it you may question but I am honest. Its the Revell 1/28 Fokker DR1 bought off ebay for the pricey sum of 99p [plus about £1.25 postage - about 6 years ago] I got it so cheap as the seller did not put the scale or a picture of the parts. In their description they mentioned the three figures with it which told me it was the 1/28 version. I think others thought it was the old 1/72 kit and didn't bother about it.

There are two parts missing which I'll have to scratch build, I cant be bothered waiting on getting the parts from Revell. I keep forgetting to email them.

I have a 1/28 SPAD, bought for £1.75. Similar circumstances; vis seller didn't say scale or show parts, not even a photo of a box cos it didn't have one.

Actually I have 3 of the SPADS, all bought really cheap. But this one, no box, was the cheapest.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. My GMC Bofors is practically done after 3 months ish where the Bulldog I'm doing for the training types is almost ready for paint after a days work. I bought something today for this GB. I'll show you all when it turns up.

I should of had the He-111 in paint today but I have been resting instead as my backs playing up (long term injury & heavily worn discs), so thinking about it, if I keep it small there is no reason why I can't :)

Might have to revise my build as I've just had the okay for my next magazine build. Meaning that the model I had planned for this GB will be too big and will take too long.

Back to digging through the stash

Oh no. Does this mean you can disclose what said large build would have been???

Ohhh. That would have been nice. I remember looking at one of these recently on the bay while looking at B-29's for the Korean War GB. I hope you get the chance to build it soon with or around other commitments.

What will you be doing for the magazine?

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask about the price limit . From what i did read so far here i guess ebay and similar sources are okish. But how are u taking those multi-kit boxes? You know, 2in1, 3in1 and so on. I have few kits which would fit to this GB, bt some of them are from these Xin1 boxes, so i m not sure how it is with these. Thanks

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask about the price limit . From what i did read so far here i guess ebay and similar sources are okish. But how are u taking those multi-kit boxes? You know, 2in1, 3in1 and so on. I have few kits which would fit to this GB, bt some of them are from these Xin1 boxes, so i m not sure how it is with these. Thanks

Are the kits of a similar size? Would it seem a fair option to, like Badger said "divide the cost by the number of kits in the box?"

Edited by snapper_city