Less than a Tenner Group Build

I would love to join in with this. I have a few in my stash that were under a tenner (or at todays rate $17 Canadian). I have a bit of time where I cant spray due to the cold so it'll give me a chance to go back to simplicity and hairy sticks. Not sure what i'll do yet but will give me a chance to get down town as well and see if there are any bargains. So count me in

• Like 2

Just want to ask a question to the mods about the rules.

I've recently picked up some cheap kits on ebay, cheaper than £10 of course but also a cut below their RRP. £18 kit for £9 including p&p for example

Am I permitted to build these provided they cost less than £10 (including postage)

Just want to ask a question to the mods about the rules.

I've recently picked up some cheap kits on ebay, cheaper than £10 of course but also a cut below their RRP. £18 kit for £9 including p&p for example

Am I permitted to build these provided they cost less than £10 (including postage)

As long as you paid less than a tenner it's in. p&p not included.

What are your options?

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

As long as you paid less than a tenner it's in. p&p not included.

What are your options?

Cheers Snapper. Got a few option as I may do 2-3 of these kits for kit GB

Revell 1/72 MH-53J Pave Low, cost £9.06

Zvezda 1/72 SU-24 Fencer cost £8.77

Academy 1/72 Apache £6

Airfix Sea Harrier FA.2 £8.66

Cheers Snapper. Got a few option as I may do 2-3 of these kits for kit GB

Revell 1/72 MH-53J Pave Low, cost £9.06

Zvezda 1/72 SU-24 Fencer cost £8.77

Academy 1/72 Apache £6

Airfix Sea Harrier FA.2 £8.66

The Pave Low and Fencer sound good.

A few basic questions;

1) nearer the start date does dear Mish set up a dedicated thread or whotsit for us?

2) then do we each start our own thread within that thread?

3) would it be one thread per person, or one thread per different kit? [eg, a 109 and a P51 = two threads, 2x P51(same scale/same kit) = one thread]

4) within reason, does it matter how few WiP pictures are posted? eg one set of unstarted kit, one set 1/3 through, one set 2/3 through, one set finished? :photo:

My main problem is which models to select; about 75% of my models cost me under a tenner, and most of those were under a fiver.

I like to build so I'll just be getting some out and working my way through them. It'll be interesting to see how many I do actually get done [see my post above, #94] :boxing:

F.

:pipe:

A few basic questions;

1) nearer the start date does dear Mish set up a dedicated thread or whotsit for us?

2) then do we each start our own thread within that thread?

3) would it be one thread per person, or one thread per different kit? [eg, a 109 and a P51 = two threads, 2x P51(same scale/same kit) = one thread]

4) within reason, does it matter how few WiP pictures are posted? eg one set of unstarted kit, one set 1/3 through, one set 2/3 through, one set finished? :photo:

My main problem is which models to select; about 75% of my models cost me under a tenner, and most of those were under a fiver.

I like to build so I'll just be getting some out and working my way through them. It'll be interesting to see how many I do actually get done [see my post above, #94] :boxing:

F.

:pipe:

A few days before the GB starts Mish will open an area in Current Group Builds for us which will include a new GB Chat, Reference Thread, Welcome and GB Rules and Gallery.

GB Chat - Is for us to generally have a chin wag about LTAT GB stuff.

Reference Thread - Is for people to post reference related material.

Welcome and GB Rules - as it says really.

Gallery - A place to post a small blurb and pictures of our finished builds. This is also where the voting will be held at the end of the GB. This area has a general rule that no more than 5 pictures of finished builds be posted and no comment posting on others efforts.

Once Mish has created the LTAT GB area in current GB's feel free to start a thread of your own for each model you enter. If you want to enter say two P-51's it is okay to have them both in one thread. Then it is simply a case of building your model / models and keeping us all posted on how you are getting on. As a picture is worth a thousand words it is best to try and post as much as you can. I normally have a days building and post pictures at the end of that day while sometimes taking pictures through out of certain points. Say a quick picture of the finished pit before she is closed up for example.

Here is a link to the Training Types GB that has started recently. Please have a look at the format and how people post their efforts...

I hope this answers all your questions.

Mark :bye:

Edited by snapper_city

Ok - I'm in with something or the other - Still resisting the urge of using the £5.99 Tamiya 1/48 Mustang that I got from Hobbycraft....

Possibly a 1/144 Constellation.

You'll see, HINT, it's big :D

Now I am intrigued. May I ask the scale or is that giving away too much???

Ok - I'm in with something or the other - Still resisting the urge of using the £5.99 Tamiya 1/48 Mustang that I got from Hobbycraft....

Possibly a 1/144 Constellation.

Welcome. Either choice will be nice to see. I would choose the Connie personally but I'm biased.

• Like 1

Maybe up for this one.

Picked up a Tamiya 1/48 F-51D off EBay this week for £9.00 less the P&P. Was gonna save it for the Mustang GB but I'm itching to start something shake 'n bake to get my 2014 modeling mojo flowing.

Or I will buy one of these new Airfix 1/72 Mustang's that seem to be popping up all over BM.

Other options are Tamiya 48th F4U-1D picked up 2nd hand at a show last year for a tenner,also got a Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5 I snagged on eBay for £6.00 as a water damaged builders package came with no box/instructions/decals as the seller had a flood.

I take it the £10 only covers purchase price and aftermarket/replacement decals are allowed

Gary

Edited by mungo1974

Maybe up for this one.

Picked up a Tamiya 1/48 F-51D off EBay this week for £9.00 less the P&P. Was gonna save it for the Mustang GB but I'm itching to start something shake 'n bake to get my 2014 modeling mojo flowing.

Or I will buy one of these new Airfix 1/72 Mustang's that seem to be popping up all over BM.

Other options are Tamiya 48th F4U-1D picked up 2nd hand at a show last year for a tenner,also got a Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5 I snagged on eBay for £6.00 as a water damaged builders package came with no box/instructions/decals as the seller had a flood.

I take it the £10 only covers purchase price and aftermarket/replacement decals are allowed

Gary

Hi Gary

Welcome. I have seen a few Tamiya 1:48 Mustangs going on the bay for LTAT so that will be fine. I remember building the F-51 years ago and have always wanted another go at it. The other choices are fine too.

Yes the £10 only covers the kit cost. P&P not included. AM decals are allowed but preferably kit options. I can understand that a flood is quite a harsh environment for decals to survive though..

Good to have you on board.. :hobbyhorse:

Do I understand, from the basic GB rules, that a small, a very small amount of work already done on a model is alright.

vis; I picked up a Tamiya 1/48th Spitfire 1 for about a fiver, some of the cockpit had been put together, badly. It would be an opportunity & incentive to get this one done during this GB if its allowed. I need to knock those cockpit parts apart and do them properly so its not like I'm gaining an advantage.

Fred

Do I understand, from the basic GB rules, that a small, a very small amount of work already done on a model is alright.

vis; I picked up a Tamiya 1/48th Spitfire 1 for about a fiver, some of the cockpit had been put together, badly. It would be an opportunity & incentive to get this one done during this GB if its allowed. I need to knock those cockpit parts apart and do them properly so its not like I'm gaining an advantage.

Fred

Hi Fred

The general rule is no more than 25% built so some of the cockpit already together will be well inside that. If you are planning on pulling it apart further still that will be even better.

Welcome to the group.. :bye: