Less than a Tenner Group Build

That will be fine. I don't want people to get too hung up on the price thing. It is just to draw a line in the sand and keep it cheap.

I for one am being very good with this and have lost a few auctions now on the bay where the kit has sold for £10.49. Just one bid increment over the limit. At least two of these I really wanted even if not for this GB so should have just gone over but never mind.

Think I might join in this, will be my first GB. I'm almost exclusively aviation, but I picked up Airfix's Churchil Mk VII tank for about £3 just after Christmas so will probably do that - don't know enough about armour to start worrying over AM parts or new decals!

Think I might join in this, will be my first GB. I'm almost exclusively aviation, but I picked up Airfix's Churchil Mk VII tank for about £3 just after Christmas so will probably do that - don't know enough about armour to start worrying over AM parts or new decals!

Welcome aboard. We kick off on the 1st.

Kitech Blue Thunder 1/32 helicopter. Bought it on eBay for £9.10 inc. Delivery. There are more of them for sale at the moment. I remember it because like the eBay ad, it doesn't come in a proper box, it comes in a Superfortress box.

If my arm/hand is better then I might go for this but possibly as a what if mk 2?!

You guys OK with that?

Kitech Blue Thunder 1/32 helicopter. Bought it on eBay for £9.10 inc. Delivery. There are more of them for sale at the moment. I remember it because like the eBay ad, it doesn't come in a proper box, it comes in a Superfortress box.

If my arm/hand is better then I might go for this but possibly as a what if mk 2?!

You guys OK with that?

It can come in a skip so long as it's £10 or under, welcome to the GB and happy cheap modelling! ;)

Not long guys, can't wait...

As Mark says in the rules, no aftermarket so if you can make your what-if by using spares, scratch building etc then I'm happy for it to be entered. :)

Basic Rules:

• Kit must cost no more than £10. (or foreign equivalent)
  • Kits bought many years ago for less than the upper price limit are included but no mickey taking. It is a trust issue that if you say you bought it for 'x' amount then we have to take your word for it. I don't want to see any Tamiya 1:32 beasties in the build if you get my drift.
  • Any Scale or Genre
  • No After Market parts (The only exception will be decals but preferably kit options.)
  • Scratch building and spares box allowed

You guys OK with that?

Hmm. The back end of a Gazelle with a new front end. I don't have a problem with this because the GB is any genre. It is a kit of a fictional craft so what could be the issue? But I am not 100% so will ask Mish to confirm this will be okay.

Cheers Snapper, there's no guarantee that my arm will be fit enough to let me take part! But it's not too fiddly a kit so I may be in luck!

Lets hope for a speedy recovery. :hobbyhorse: Remember the GB is running for 4 months and you can enter at any point. God speed plastic loving friend. :pilot:

• Like 1

Oooh! Just find this group build (I saw it before, but at first I didn't first understand what a "tenner" was, so I didn't care. :banghead: Sorry.. I'm a Swede... ) But I really like this one! Must search my stash for a suitable object. I'm bad att finding bargains, though. So it will problably be a small one...

Edited by Bjorn

I think Ill kick off with a £4 Esci Starfighter (doubt the decals will be usable) and hopefully enter a Revell Long Beach, long ago acquired for the princely sum of £7 even though it says 13/7d on the box.

Both welcome. It will be good to see another ship in the group.

Mish to confirm this will be okay.

Very much up to the hosts. However how would one gauge that it cost less than a tenner? IF the donor kits come to less than £10 they I would say okay. However at what point what does using parts from the spares box end? I can build a 1:48 Tamiya mustang from the spares box, cost of parts? Nothing as they come from the spares box.

I think the hosts need to define the rules here, say no more than 25% of the parts of the build can come from the spares box or be scratchbuilt? Just an idea.

Edited by Mish
  • Like 1

Would definitely be less than 25%, just some minor details and some scratching, I just want it to look like an upgrade rather than a different machine! In the film the first blue thunder was destroyed but there is always a second machine. Firefox springs to mind.

The one thing that always bugged me was the gun, or rather the ammo feed to the gun turret but not quite worked that one out yet. Been waiting for that Eureka moment!

The 'jafo' station will certainly be tidied up a bit and the stub wings will need some surgery.

You have me curious though Mish, are there 1/32 Gazelle kits out there?

I didn't realise this GB was starting so soon!

I picked up a Revell 1/32 Heinkel Salamander just last week for £8.99 (curse you, Wonderland sale!) so if that's within the rules then I'm in!

I didn't realise this GB was starting so soon!

I picked up a Revell 1/32 Heinkel Salamander just last week for £8.99 (curse you, Wonderland sale!) so if that's within the rules then I'm in!

Interesting choice. Will be good to see... :thumbsup2:

:tomato: Right guys about 5 days to go until kick off. :clap:

I have also amended the rules to take into consideration how much spares box will be allowed.

Spares box allowed (This must constitute less than 20% of the build)

I think this is a fair allowable amount.