Less than a Tenner Group Build

Having had the spirit of the GB explained, I can see that this is the logical successor to the recently completed Obsolete Kits GB. I hope everyone who joined in with that one will also join in with this, showing the same amount of enthusiasm and sense of fun.

This is going to be good! :thumbsup:

Bought some kits in a sale last year for under a tenner,

Their retail price is above 10 GBP. Are they ok for this GB?

These will be fine. If you paid less than a tenner its in...

Hi,

I am in - but I am not sure how daring I am regarding the kit I choose. However there are enough options in my stock.

Chers,

Rene

Go on, be daring. Hopefully for under a tenner no matter what choice you make it won't be too daunting...

Hi Mark,

Didn't realise you were hosting this.

Can I sign up please?

Not sure what yet but will be some kind of 1/72 armour, maybe a matchbox kit even for a retro build.

Kind regards

Ben

Hi Ben. Yep me and Radleigh at the helm guiding you all through these perilous waters. :bobby: Good to have you involved.

I'll have a crack please. Not too sure what just now... if my wife's reading this then it could be anything in the stash!

Lol, Yes of course it wasn't expensive darling. Welcome aboard.

I'll be signing up for this, might try and do something with one of those hobby boss kits, see if I can get a good result from one of those

Welcome. There are some nice choices there including a few choppers. The Russian stuff looks nice.

Having had the spirit of the GB explained, I can see that this is the logical successor to the recently completed Obsolete Kits GB. I hope everyone who joined in with that one will also join in with this, showing the same amount of enthusiasm and sense of fun.

Thanks Enzo. It was the Obsolete GB that got me thinking about the idea behind this. Simple, Fun and a GB for the masses.

Welcome aboard everyone... :bye:

• Like 2

I'll be in with either a selection of Sweet 1/144 models... Possibly their Sea Kings or the Ghost Fighter, a 1/144 Gundam (I will have to check the price tho as it's pretty close to £10), some kind of Revell/Airfix 1/72. I could go even more crazy and just do a starter kit. ;)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Indeed it is. Was originally £4 but she got the price knocked down as the seller didn't know if it was complete or not. It is.

Needless to say, I let her negotiate prices on these sites since.

Since next year for me, is more or less dedicated the Korean war GB. I thought why not following that theme and do some of the kits related to that GB, as I know can't be done in that time frame with all that stuff I have planned for the Korea GB. I have a couple of Airfix F2H-2/2P Banshee and some Hasegawa F9F-2 Panthers. I want to build.

• Like 1

Count me in too, I will be doing a SMER Alpha Romeo "Alfetta" racing car from the 1950's....Cost £6.99 at Frome Models last Wednesday.....................Smudge

Nice choice Smudge. I have seen a couple of these on the bay lately.

Looks like we're going to have a full house and some! :popcorn:

We better get extra chairs out... :clif:

Hi Chaps, I would like to join please. The obsolete GB was good fun and I've got one or two kits in the stash that I have been accumulating over the past few months that should qualify. Plus some I've seen that are calling out....

Rob.

Think I might be in for this one. I bought an Encore 1/72 Albatros Va earlier in the year for $11, which is £6.76 in your Earth pounds. Unfortunately I'm not going to use the kit markings, if that's okay, as I have the ace Pheon decals set for the plane. Its a big decal sheet with 19 colour schemes on so that works out as only 63 pence each! The rest will be totally oob or scratchbuilt.

Well I've got 10 builds to beat & an extra month to do it in! ;)

• Like 1

I'm in on this (well my name was on the original list anyway). I do'nt know what I will be building but I have at least 50% of my stash to choose from. It might be another replica of one of my R/C planes, maybe a small dio/whif thing or just a plain good fun build. 95% sure it will have wings :pilot: . 100% sure it will be aircraft oriented :coolio: .

Welcome everyone.

Think I might be in for this one. I bought an Encore 1/72 Albatros Va earlier in the year for $11, which is £6.76 in your Earth pounds. Unfortunately I'm not going to use the kit markings, if that's okay, as I have the ace Pheon decals set for the plane. Its a big decal sheet with 19 colour schemes on so that works out as only 63 pence each! The rest will be totally oob or scratchbuilt.

Nice choice. The decal sheet is okay and with 19 options you are spoilt for choice...

Well I've got 10 builds to beat & an extra month to do it in! ;)

Challenge accepted. :popcorn:

Currently reading 'a good clean fight' - could well be in with an Airfix P40, using the book as inspiration....

SD

That is a cool idea. It is always nice if you can have a back story to a build. It gives it more character.

I'm in on this (well my name was on the original list anyway). I do'nt know what I will be building but I have at least 50% of my stash to choose from. It might be another replica of one of my R/C planes, maybe a small dio/whif thing or just a plain good fun build. 95% sure it will have wings :pilot: . 100% sure it will be aircraft oriented :coolio: .

Luckily even wingy things are included in the GB. :hobbyhorse: We don't discriminate. Well unless it is expensive... :evil_laugh:

• Like 1