Training Types Group Build

Hmm...perusing the spreadsheet with my stash on it, it appears I have the following kits which would be suitable:

A-10 trainer 1/48

Avro 504K 1/48

Folland Gnat 1/72 and 1/48

Harvard 1/72

Hawk 1/48 and 1/32

Jet Provost T3 1/48

Meteor T7 1/72

MiG 29UB 1/32

Starfighter TF-104 1/144 and 1/48

Tiger Moth 1/32

It's just a matter of whether I'll have the time to do any of them - got a busy time at work coming up over the next few months. If not, I have an idea for a Deanflyer Special which would fit in with the theme, but not sure it would be a neat fit into any of the categories already outlined...wait and see. :whistle:

Cheers,

Dean

Not too sure about the A-10 2 -seater. I don't really know much about these. I thought they were more of a Forward air controller rather than a trainer.

If it's the US Jet A-10 then it wasn't a trainer it was Night/All Weather Attack. The extra seat was needed to spread the workload around. Just researching for the HB kit at the moment. Sorry :weep: The Jet Provost stands out on that list to me....

Thanks for the confirmation on this. But JPs!! rare as rocking horse stuff.

Mmm... I am sorely tempted to join this GB! :winkgrin:

I have a ton of trainer aircraft since I have a soft spot for trainers: they are the gateways to pilot heaven :wub:

However... I have been itching for a rare bird in my stash: a 1/72 FIAT G.46 :D

FIAT_G46-1_zps4152e785.jpg

FIAT_G46-2_zpsc7c1cfe2.jpg

...and I have made custom decals for this bird since I have the ORIGINAL picture :innocent:

fiat46_Ea-412.jpg

The picture was taken in the fifties in Argentina - the machine was used as a trainer for the Argentine Air Force (FAA in Spanish) and was very well liked by both students and teachers.

The kit is a resin and etch Czech creation; I just found it in Ebay one fine day a LOONG time ago for a decent price :thumbsup: and since then been hoping to luck out again and manage to find and buy a second one... :coolio:

What do you guys think? ^_^

So whats keeping you!!! This GB was meant to be if Trainers are your thing! And a nice Italian subject would make just right!! I'll add you name to the list right away!! But if you don't want to build your rarity there are mnay many others!!

However... I have been itching for a rare bird in my stash: a 1/72 FIAT G.46 :D

What do you guys think? ^_^

I think there is an addition to the rools. Moggy must build his FIAT G.46 kit otherwise he will have to face a mob of BM villagers carrying torches and wielding pitchforks.

• Like 2

I think there is an addition to the rools. Moggy must build his FIAT G.46 kit otherwise he will have to face a mob of BM villagers carrying torches and wielding pitchforks.

WOW! I guess this is (in places like Sicily or the US) called "a proposition you can´t say "no" to"... :evil_laugh:

But if you don't want to build your rarity there are mnay many others!!

Paul J- never a problem! I refuse to be a kit "collector"; kits are made to be built :fight: . Any kit in my stash that I decide never to build gets sold off or given away ASAP :winkgrin:

Well - vox populi vox dei (that's a bit of Latin to go with the Italian aircraft :analintruder: ) No angry mobs necessary - I'll be building the FIAT G.46 during the GB Trainers :whistle: If time and inspiration allows I might be adding the odd L-29 Dolphin (in Middle Eastern colours)... and maybe ANOTHER FIAT... :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

Just noticed this GB, my favourite subject so count me in! Plenty of types to choose from in my stash! Thinking 1/48 Robin DR400 (that I did most of my flying training on), 1/48 Chipmunk or 1/48 Slingsby Firefly. :hmmm: Are ETPS types in Rasberry Ripple colours acceptable also? After all they are used to train test pilots.

Cheers,

Carl.

• Like 1

Are ETPS types in Rasberry Ripple colours acceptable also? After all they are used to train test pilots.

Yes, provided that they were designated trainer types. So Jet Provost, Gnat, Hunter T.7, Hawk, JAS39B Gripen are all in. Tornado, Buccaneer, Meteor NF.11 and all the helicopters are out.

Just noticed this GB, my favourite subject so count me in! Plenty of types to choose from in my stash! Thinking 1/48 Robin DR400 (that I did most of my flying training on), 1/48 Chipmunk or 1/48 Slingsby Firefly. :hmmm: Are ETPS types in Rasberry Ripple colours acceptable also? After all they are used to train test pilots.

Cheers,

Carl.

I think the Robin DR400 is out. Also used as a leisure aeroplane rather than a pure trainer which is what this GB is about!!

just bought some bits the mig-21 UM, wheels wheelwells and u/c legs i am waiting on a couple of replacement parts for the Neomega conversion set. i am praying they get here in time or i may have to duck out as if i dont get started right away ill never finish in time. :pray:

If it's the US Jet A-10 then it wasn't a trainer it was Night/All Weather Attack. The extra seat was needed to spread the workload around. Just researching for the HB kit at the moment. Sorry :weep: The Jet Provost stands out on that list to me....

Well I'll be damned...I did not know that. I always thought it was a trainer and never even wondered what the N/AW stood for. Thanks for the gen.

Never mind, I've just acquired something else that'll count, so my list still stands at ten to choose from...

Cheers,

Dean

just bought some bits the mig-21 UM, wheels wheelwells and u/c legs i am waiting on a couple of replacement parts for the Neomega conversion set. i am praying they get here in time or i may have to duck out as if i dont get started right away ill never finish in time. :pray:

You should be OK. The GB runs until March.