Training Types Group Build

As long its in silver and dayglo thats OK.

EE:. For sure! I was hoping someone would at least one Harvard!!

Yes, It is dayglo and silver...eeek! It will be interesting painting it!

Excellent!! Its bright yellow nastiness has been calling me for a while now, and all those rivets too...

Was thinking of a Norwegian scheme for it, but could be persuaded otherwise... will get thinking!!

Looking forward to it!

In fact, having thought about it I have a plethora of unusual trainers and drones lurking around, so as well as the Harvard maybe one of the following, but I don't want to overstretch myself...

KP CS-199

Bucker Bu-181

Bucker Bu-131

T-28 Fennec

North American 0-47

Any of those sound appealing...

C

Edited by English Electric
  • Like 2

G'day Chums,

Being as I voted for this I s'pose I should join in if that's alright.I have this to go at for a start;

Skybirds86Prentice1_zps50cc062c.jpg

Skybirds86Prentice2_zpsc046a51f.jpg

I have no map,a badly yellowed canopy and no references but I'll give it a go.

OHHH Yes. NIce!!!!

And welcome to the GB and VERY much look forward to seeing this done. It will be a fitting tribute to the late Mr Eakin the designer and producer of the kit.

Also welcome to Foxbat and the pureness.

Just had a tot up and update of the list of all those who have signed up, unless I have missed someone, we have now topped the 50 mark!!!! Quite amazing response. So I'd like to warmly welcome you all to theTraining GB and hope to see you all come January 4th!!!

Hmm...perusing the spreadsheet with my stash on it, it appears I have the following kits which would be suitable:

A-10 trainer 1/48

Avro 504K 1/48

Folland Gnat 1/72 and 1/48

Harvard 1/72

Hawk 1/48 and 1/32

Jet Provost T3 1/48

Meteor T7 1/72

MiG 29UB 1/32

Starfighter TF-104 1/144 and 1/48

Tiger Moth 1/32

It's just a matter of whether I'll have the time to do any of them - got a busy time at work coming up over the next few months. If not, I have an idea for a Deanflyer Special which would fit in with the theme, but not sure it would be a neat fit into any of the categories already outlined...wait and see. :whistle:

Cheers,

Dean

Hi Chaps,

I'm looking at a Revell 1/72 Fairey Gannet T.5. It would be built as a part of 849 Naval Air Squadron. Is this eligible?

Rob.

Hi Bobster, Just seen this:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PSL72069

A new decal sheet for the Gannet and has an Australian T5 to consider if you don't fancy all that dayglo!!!

I won't be able to join this GB, but I hope see to at least one Harvard.

During the war, Ottawa, my home, had a flying school. My mum who was a teenager at the time told me that there were always trainers flying over. They were bright yellow, and the Harvards had a very distinctive sound. She told me that one of her neighbours painted their garage bright yellow and painted roundels on the doors.

It has been said that for many Canadians, when recalling the war, they think not of Spitfires or Hurricanes, but of the Harvards. The British Commonwealth Air Training Plan had flying schools all over Canada. It was said by Winston Churchill, I think, that Canada was the "Aerodrome of Democracy."

Good luck, everyone.

Edited by Richard B.
  • Like 1

I had not signed in as interested, but I might take part in this one. While I might start my Aeroclub 1/72 G.91T, I'm not sure I will have the time to tackle a vacform fuselage so I might take an easier route and build the revell/italeri Hawk in ETPS markings

just a thought how about a topgun a4e not planning it but just as a question

Will have to think about this but I feel its a bit doubtful. What do you think Enzo?

Will have to think about this but I feel its a bit doubtful. What do you think Enzo?

The primary role of the aircraft is as a combat aircraft. It doesn't count for this build even though it's with a training unit.

Same principle would apply to Harrier GR.1s on the OCU.

Sorry... :fraidnot:

I got a "like" from you Enzo, but I wasn't sure if you were just impressed by my chutzpah, or if mine was okay.

Well... it's a two-seater trainer depicted as serving with a training unit. Okay... it's carrying squadron markings, but you've proved its role. Basically it's the modern equivalent of CliffB's Roleur. All sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

It's just a shame it's not carrying a maintenance serial.

• Like 1