As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AnonymousDFB1

Bomber Command 1939 - 1945 Group Build

Mish! Sorry, but I think it should say 1939 and not 1929! :)

Looking forward to hosting this one though. Very very much. Certainly more so than watching the Villa game at the moment.

Not quite Mish, end date is 2015 I'd have thought.

Looking forward to this one though and plenty of time to decide on what to build.

Pete

Plenty of time for that 1/48 Halifax to spring from somewhere. Or indeed, that 1/72 Italeri Stirling even!

Lots of time to think about what I'm actually going to build for it too... So much in the stash, and so many ideas!!

100 Group Mossie FB.VI for me (I know I posted this on the other thread but it's now closed so I thought I'd post on here instead).

Wez

In with a Revell Halifax and just possibly an Airfix Lancaster. Or possibly something completely different, as September seems a long way away.

Mish, I think we do have a new Airfix Blenheim on the way?

Pete

Really fancy this one, either a Tamiya Mossie, new tool Airfix Lanc or Matchbox Halifax.

I know someone asked this in the group build chat thread and it's something that interest me as I've not got the room for a 1/72 medium or heavy, did Bomber Command have any "hacks"?

If not I've looked at the 1/144 Amodel and Minicraft Lancs but both have some issues and are roughly the size of a 1/72 Blenheim or a Mosquito anyway. If push comes to shove I'll do Tamiya's Mosquito B.IV as 105 Sqn's DK301 on it's Stockholm run.

BMk_IV_SeriesII_DK301.jpg

Hi all,

Well done on making the cut for next year's group builds! I am very excited about this one as it gives me the perfect excuse to start my Tamiya Lancaster. So, I'm in!!

Tamiya 1/48th Lancaster

Belcher Bits resin correction set

Various (numerous!) Eduard etched sets

I've yet to decide the actual aircraft, but will check out what after market decals are available.

I know someone asked this in the group build chat thread and it's something that interest me as I've not got the room for a 1/72 medium or heavy, did Bomber Command have any "hacks"?

If not I've looked at the 1/144 Amodel and Minicraft Lancs but both have some issues and are roughly the size of a 1/72 Blenheim or a Mosquito anyway. If push comes to shove I'll do Tamiya's Mosquito B.IV as 105 Sqn's DK301 on it's Stockholm run.

BMk_IV_SeriesII_DK301.jpg

You may have to dig a little but it shouldn't be too hard to some second line aircraft. I know I've got pics for Ansons and Martinets for certain. I'll see what I can find.

Also Oxfords, I'll keep adding this list

Spitfires, Hurricanes and Kittyhawks in the Bomber Defensive Training Flights

Miscellaneous Puss Moths, Lysanders, Dragon Rapides, BA Eagles......

Pete

Edited by Potato Pete

Would a No.2 group Mitchell count for this? I only ask because, they were part of Bomber Command but then moved to the 2nd TAF in 1943.

Sean

Would a No.2 group Mitchell count for this? I only ask because, they were part of Bomber Command but then moved to the 2nd TAF in 1943.

Sean

Yes, no trouble as long as it's a MkII, they started ops with Bomber Command in Jan 1943. So the old Italeri (or even older Frog/Bilek repop) would do in 1/72 or the Acc Min/Italeri in 1/48

Pete

Edited by Potato Pete

Yes, no trouble, they started ops with Bomber Command in

Well, I'm in then with the Italeri 1/48 B-25. Just need the appropriate decals now!

You may have to dig a little but it shouldn't be too hard to some second line aircraft. I know I've got pics for Ansons and Martinets for certain. I'll see what I can find.

Also Oxfords, I'll keep adding this list

Pete

I have spent a few hours searching online for lists of Bomber Command aircraft but everything I've found so far is just a list of all the bombers. Also every time I stick "hack" in a sentence on Google I get all sorts of rubbish and now I think the NSA is watching me... :unsure: One thing I really don't know is, would hacks have been listed as belonging to Bomber Command or would they come under a different command?

I'll start looking up Ansons, Oxfords etc. to see if I can find bomber Sqn specific aircraft. Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Speedman

Quite shamefully, I have nothing for this! I have 9 months to get my a*se in gear and buy something! Better stock up on the old Dk Green/Earth paints.

Speedman,

As I understand it, the squadrons would have hacks assigned to them so yes, they would be Bomber Command. There were also station flights, which, I think would also count. We probably need a rules check here.

The problem seems to that everyone spent their time recording the front line aircraft.....

Pete

By the way, the NSA are watching you anyway :yikes:

There were also station flights, which, I think would also count. We probably need a rules check here.

It would certainly allow a great diversity of aircraft types to be included in the group and at the same time show the "hidden" side of the command. :)

Now if someone would release a Z nose for the Revell Halifax, I've got a set of Aeroclub engines waiting for it here...hint, someone please !

Actually, might have a go at making a few. There's a thought.

I'm in please. Not sure what just yet... probably something from early on.

Morning chaps!

When time allows, I'll write a full set of rules and criteria. However, there's no reason why hacks couldn't be allowed. If they served with the Bomber Command squadrons, then they were in Bomber Command.

Cheers!

Chris

My plain is for the 1:48 Tamiya Lancaster with spotlights shining down on water... using acrylic rods to represent the spotlight beams and support the model...