D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build

What we'll do it put a special gallery in the GB just for the kids. How does that sound? Everyone in agreement?

Thanks Mish

I'm not sure I'm going to have any patience left to do a build of my own after the 2 schools !

Good luck everyone not long to wait now......

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK Gents,

Just 8 weeks to go before we start. :yahoo: Those weeks will be over before you know it.

I hope everybody hase got their kits and pieces together for this one. I know I do.

If not then hurry up to get those last pieces.

I will do a 1/72 Mustang III in 1/72 from Revell. This one will be in 122 squadron colours.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Oh sweet, I had completely forgotten about this GB (shame on me!). I received some goodies from Eduard and Brengun last week. First thing I will be in with is a Beer Barrel carrying Spitfire IX (think it was a c model??) in 1/144, I'm not sure on the dates an everything (yet) but it has invasion stripes so I am assuming it's okay.

Failing that I have a Mustang III on order from HLJ. Bound to have something else floating around.

Kind Regards

Dazz

• Like 1

No, you haven't......

I've no idea!...........

Your'e signed up now though.........Welcome aboard B.K.

Smudge

Oi thank ooo.

If you don't know and I don't know... then I'm in trouble.

What is the start date again?

:fool:

PS; if anyone is interested; BBC Radio 2 will be doing a D-Day special on Friday 6th June, 'Friday is Music Night', with people like Patrick Stewart [as W. Churchill], news bulletins and music.

• Like 2

Oi thank ooo.

If you don't know and I don't know... then I'm in trouble.

What is the start date again?

:fool:

PS; if anyone is interested; BBC Radio 2 will be doing a D-Day special on Friday 6th June, 'Friday is Music Night', with people like Patrick Stewart [as W. Churchill], news bulletins and music.

6th of June to 5th October.....................Smudge

I was thinking of doing my Bronco Firefly V but I realised I've also go a Hasegawa Typhoon IB that would look pretty good in D-Day stripes, so I think thats what I'll be going for...

I was thinking of doing my Bronco Firefly V but I realised I've also go a Hasegawa Typhoon IB that would look pretty good in D-Day stripes, so I think thats what I'll be going for...

I got a bit confused. I was thinking "Firefly V? Wouldn't that be better in the Korean War GB??"

...and then I realised. :banghead:

• Like 3

Fellow D-Day GB Models I am very pleased to announce that Lee from Ultimate Modelling Products (the sponsors of this GB) have announced the prices that they will be providing.

1st prize = 1 of everything all sanders, skinny sticks, washes, placer plus thinner & cleaner (total £90 worth)

2nd prize = full set off washes, thinner & cleaner plus multi pack skinny sticks & sponges (total £55 worth)

3rd prize = full set of washes (total £30 worth)

But there's no need to wait till the end of the GB to gut you hands on Lee's wonderful products pop along to his website and place an order.

UMPLogosmall-1.png

• Like 3

That are great prizes. Thanxs Ultimate Modelling Products for the prizes. Much appreciated.

I will need to clear my desk so I can make a stunner for the build.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Here is the current list of combatants.......

1. Parabat

2. Harry Lime

3. WAFU

4. wellzy

5. Arniec

6. neal

7, Lancfan

8. Dazdot

9. Robw_uk

10.Bootneck

11.Doug Rogers

12.PaulJ

13.smuts

14.depressed lemur

15.Dazzio

16.vppelt68

17.trickyrich

18.Mish

19.Swordfish Fairey

20.ozz

21.Procopius

22.Caerbannog

23.CliffB

24.Woody37

25.-NEU-

26.Wez

27.Maltadefender

28.Atom.uk

29Stephan

30.Shar2

31.Radleigh

32.HansRegglesen

33.SleeperService

34.JOCKNEY.

35.Enzo Matrix

36.Tim T

37.Pabbi

38.Crossy

39.Erwin

40.Shermaniac

41.AndyC

42.arnobiz

43.thepureness

44.sean

45.bobster

46.Sgeek

47.badger

48.AndrewE

49.Mozzy19

50.JackG

51.AndyL

52.Wolwe82

53.PlaStix

54.Kallisti

55.Mr Grumpylee

56.Black Knight

57.Kwaterous

58.topgear29

59.Step

60.Alex Gordon

61.Bomber_Harris

Could this be the biggest GB we have had so far??

Smudge