D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build

GB!? What's it all about? Never done one before! As dense as it sounds, what's to be done? I've got Miniarts Daimler (I think!?) In my stash and Tascas Firefly both '35, both I believe fit the timeline. What am I to do???

You wait until the GB starts. Then you start a thread in the GB forum and document your build with photos as it happens. Easy! :thumbsup:

Easy! You ain't seen my modelling skills!!!😂😱

Ok, how do I upload photos from my phone? At the mo I've got an iPhone 3GS, next week ish I'll have a Samsung S4! I've set up photobucket but haven't figured out how to upload to BM...me 💣and technology don't get on really💥...help!!!...please...

Easy! You ain't seen my modelling skills!!!

That is not important to us. The importance is that you have fun with your build. :yahoo:

Cheers and have fun,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

That is not important to us. The importance is that you have fun with your build. :yahoo:

Cheers and have fun,

I always have fun building but I have low opinion of the finished result, 😕👍🍻

Thinking about a second build P47 D 226413 , OREGONS BRITANNIA Col Hub Zemke 56th FG

Les

Very interesting. I am still thinking about a 1/32 P-47D in Gabreski colours.

Cheers,

The Hannants website is showing that Xtradecal have four D-Day decal sheets in preparation in 1/72: RAF single engined aircraft; RAF multi-engined aicraft; USAF (sic) aircraft and Luftwaffe aircraft

Does anyone do a 1/72 cigar-shaped drop tank for Spitfires, as many seemed to sport on D-Day? Can I simply use a Hurricane or Typhoon one, or did the Spitfire version have a unique mounting?

Check out a company called Brassin, they do add ons for the Spitfire, not sure if they cover 72nd, good luck with the search

Edited by Mr Grumpylee

Does anyone do a 1/72 cigar-shaped drop tank for Spitfires, as many seemed to sport on D-Day? Can I simply use a Hurricane or Typhoon one, or did the Spitfire version have a unique mounting?

I'm pretty sure they would've been recycled Hurricane/Typhoon tanks - the RAF would always improvise adapt and overcome in order to use something they already had rather than buy something new (although I could be wrong).

Of course, how it was mounted on the Spitfire would be totally unique to the Spitfire. It may be worth asking this question on the WWII forum, it's likely to get picked up by someone more knowledgeable such as the font of all Spitfire research that is Edgar.

Wez

It seems that Revell is reissuing their 1/32 Mosquito B. Mk. IV! :yahoo:

It's still the same old kit, but hopefully it'll trigger some of the aftermarket boys (or girls) to launch som goodies for it!

As I still plan on doing the Mossie I'm crossing my little (well not actually little! :winkgrin: ) fingers! Some new decals wouldn't go amiss as would some interior neither!

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

have about 6 eligible at present and haven't a clue what to build. I'm thinking the Fairfax typhoon will be too much for a .gb so maybe writhe a Dakota. p47 beafighyer. fw190 a6 spitfire 9 or even a Sherman firefly

Edited by dazdot

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my cunning plan for this GB.

Last year I built two models of That Bristol Aircraft in an attempt to goad Airfix into releasing a new kit for 2014. Sadly that didn't work. We got Blenheims instead (not that I'm complaining... :) )

For this GB I will be taking one of my cherished Hasegawa kits of That Bristol Aircraft from The Stash and building it as a Mk.VIf. Hopefully the relevant Xtradecal sheet will be available by then.

Okay Airfix... over to you... :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...