D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build

I've probably said it before (but not in this thread ;) ), that I'll be doing Monty's Miles Messenger. The 1/72 Aeroclub vacform kit. Flew into theatre around D+5 I think - must do more homework!

Cliff

Reading through the upcomming GB´s, i know i cannt miss this one if you have free spots yet (i m still quite new on BM so no idea if there is some limit :) ). I cannt say what it ll be, but chosing from typhoon, spit, swordfish, mosquito - i want to find some plane which was actualy in the air at the day so it kind of depends for what i can find decals options :)

• Like 2

hah thanks :) i have ordered the airfix swordfish but did not decided what camo to use on it, so this could be nice oportunity to try to find some d-day decals for it :) (and i guess there are tons of other "bismarck hunters" anyway all around :) )

Happily, in 1/72 Tamiya tape is exactly the right width for masking them.

Witch width?! I now 4 different sizes. :banghead:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

one thing that intimidates me is invasion strips, this seems a good time to go for it

Don't forget that these stripes were painted on by hand, 48 hours before D-Day, and not 'factory finish' so you have a bit of leeway on the finish

Mike

Fellow Modellers I have an important announcement to make about this GB, the D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build.

Ultimate Modelling Products have very kindly offered to sponsor the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in this GB

The exact prizes are still to be announced.

Please visit Ultimate's forum in the traders section ad see what they have to offer.

• Like 3

GB!? What's it all about? Never done one before! As dense as it sounds, what's to be done? I've got Miniarts Daimler (I think!?) In my stash and Tascas Firefly both '35, both I believe fit the timeline. What am I to do??? 😳

• Like 1

Fantastic news, that's for the support Ultimate Modelling Products.

Had a good think about what to go for with the build, was just checking out aircraft while drinking beer, and it hit me (not the beer). What about a Spitfire IXe beer carrier. Eduard or Italeri me thinks, does this qualify as a D-day build, its got the strips

• Like 1