D-Day 70th Anniversary Group Build

I will be making a Ju88C or R. several were lost by ZG1 (ex-KG40) over the beaches in the days following 6th June. I think a couple of He177s and even a Mistel were lost trying to attack the ships.

could go with a flak 88 they made tankers lives hell in the bocage or .mk1v panzers wittmann and his tigers turned up as well later on

I am doing a little bit of research for a Do-217 or a Ju-188 that were used for bombing and minelaying in the seine estury just after D-Day. I have both in 1/48 so maybee that is a posebility.

But the desicion hasn't been made jet, so it could always become a allied airplane in the end.

cheers,

Edited by Arniec

wittmann and his tigers turned up as well later on

I've been considering building the Tiger in which Wittman made his foolhardy attack in Villers-Bocage. I'd like 1/48 but I can't find any suitable turret numbers.

• Like 1

I have done a simple banner for this build and put it up for consideration.................

d-daybanner-1_zpsf840e260.jpg

Smudge

"Simple" is sometimes the best.

It's from "The Longest Day".Isn't it ?

My favourite war movie. If I recall correctly. The first movie where everyone spoke their own language.

Even movies like "The battle of Midway" still had English speaking Japanese. :wall:

Oh...and the one with Tom Cruise,Valkyrie.Starting in German and slowly going over to English. The origional film in German is much better.

Anyway...cool banner !

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 2

This is the current list of combatants.......

1. Parabat

2. Harry Lime

3. WAFU

4. wellzy

5. Arniec

6. neal

7, Lancfan

8. Dazdot

9. Robw_uk

10.Bootneck

11.Doug Rogers

12.PaulJ

13.smuts

14.depressed lemur

15.Dazzio

16.vppelt68

17.trickyrich

18.Mish

19.Swordfish Fairey

20.ozz

21.Procopius

22.Caerbannog

23.CliffB

24.Woody37

25.-NEU-

26.Wez

27.Maltadefender

28.Atom.uk

29Stephan

30.Shar2

31.Radleigh

32.HansRegglesen

33.SleeperService

34.JOCKNEY.

35.Enzo Matrix

36.Tim T

37.Pabbi

38.Crossy

39.Erwin

40.Shermaniac

41.AndyC

42.arnobiz

43.thepureness

44.sean

45.bobster

46.Sgeek

47.badger

48.AndrewE

49.Mozzy19

50.JackG

51.AndyL

52.Wolwe82

..Welcome onboard everyone...............

• Like 1

Now you have made me curious of your build.

I'll be building a Cromwell tank - specifically Little Audrey of B Squadron, 1st Royal Tank Regiment.

http://www.desertrats.org.uk/assoc/Memorial_with_new_plaque.jpg

I'd like to depict it on arrival to Felixstowe docks on 4 June 1944, so I will be building it sat on a Scammell tank transporter. I've no idea if Little Audrey was actually delivered on a Scammell, but I'm gonna go for it anyway...

• Like 1

1/76 using the Airfix kits.

That is great Enzo. I think I will be doing a Mustang III (1/72) and a Mustang Mk. 1A (1/48). The 1A will be done together with the Mustang II GB.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see such a variety of items being built.

Still searching for the Valom Albermarle in the stash, to be built as a glider tug with invasion stripes, I don't have a glider so at least I only have to finish the tug, assuming it allows itself to be found of course !

Cheers Pat