Morane Saulnier MS406C1

Another great subject from AZUR, the kit is not up to the standards of the more modern AZUR kits but it is the only game in town if you want an MS406 in 1/32 scale. Lots of test fitting is required and a lot of care taken when handling the clear parts, I managed to crack my windscreen. I did the same when I was building the Hawk 75 in French service so they must be a tad delicate.

The decals are from Kagero Topcolors 17 "Fighters over France 1940", and very nice they are too, but beware they are very thin and do not like being moved around much once applied, in fact I'm sure that plain water would be better than the Micro set (blue) that I used. National markings are painted on using Miracle Paint Masks for the roundels, paints for the main colour scheme are WEM Colourcoats and Xtracolor with details painted with Humbrol. All mistakes and bodges are mine.

Cheers

Dennis

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just spotted the missing landing light, done now.

Edited by spitfire
Replaced Photobucket photos
  • Like 4

Thank you very kindly Mike, I must admit the early part of the war does fascinate me and the French had some beautiful looking aircraft, I think the three colour scheme is one of my favourites, if you do build one in 1/48 and want a bit more choice of subjects I thing I still have the 1/72 and 1/48 sections of the decals.

Cheers

Den

That's a kind offer, thanks Den ^_^ Now I have to go find one though! :rolleyes:

That's the problem isn't it !

That's a lovely looking model!

Those camouflage colours are nicely different, and you've done a top job there! :thumbsup2:

Thank you very much, I certainly like them

That's lovely, what paints did you use ?

The paints I used were WEM Colourcoats for the green (Kaki) and the brown (Chocolat or Sienne naturelle), for the grey (Gris bleu fonce) I used Xtracolor intermediate blue, though the WEM Colourcoats version is just as good, the undersides (Gris bleu Clair) were painted with Xtracolor FS15414 Blue.

I did look at the French early war colours quite a bit but only looked for enamel model paints though.

Cheers

Den

Thanks Den, I posted here, then noticed your response in the WWII section :)

No problem, French WW2 colours of are a neglected subject so you have scope to be a bit creative.

That`s really nice! :goodjob:

Thank you very kindly

Beautiful, a simply wonderful build with a class paint scheme. That camouflage must be one of the nicest ever

Sean

The camouflage is a huge plus point for me, the variations mean there are lots of potential subjects out there.

Despite the issues you may have had with the kit, it has turned out very nicely.

Martin

Thank you, it turned out well, maybe not completely authentic but good enough, just basic modelling skills required.

Cheers

Dennis