Chocksaway's Plastic Wood Shelf Filler for 2013

ChocksAway

Chocksaway's 2013 Yearbook - More Plastic Wood Shelf Filler

I find it hard to believe I've now been back in this hobby long enough to produce a 4th yearbook on BritModeller. How time flies when you're getting old. I made some progress on my Harrier project (4 more ticked off the list) and bashed out a few other things along the way. It's quite an eclectic mix, if I may say so myself.

Here's how the plastic wood shelf filler turned out ...

I started the year with a Harrier Project build, an AV-8B II Plus flown by the Italian Navy (Hasegawa 1/48th) ...

MM7224-009.JPG

And then a Great War SIG build, the Fokker Eindecker E.II (Eduard 1/48th) and a tribute to John Day of the Great War Display team who sadly died this year ...

Eindecker-001_zpsd25187c3.jpg

Followed by a scaling down to a Grumman Intruder A6-E (Dragon/Italeri 1/144th) with some very knackered decals ...

Intruder-001_zps2d9451ed.jpg

An off-world diversion with this Space Shuttle (Airfix 1/144th), built for some good friends (who are still talking to me) ...

Shuttel-001_zps6dc4b78e.jpg

And whilst still being silly, a P-51D Mustang (Hasegawa Egg Plane) ...

Mustang-001_zps1b6c8553.jpg

Now getting faintly ridiculous with a Hawker Hunter (Revell 1/144th), complete with paper model of Tower Bridge (scale unknown) and a mis-placed plasticine Loch Ness Monster - inspired by seeing a painting of the incident ...

Hunter-001_zpsbce3afd0.jpg

Back on the straight and narrow with a Harrier AV-8C flown by the USMC (Airfix 1/48th) ...

158706-002.JPG

More dabbling with rigging for a Nieuport Ni-23 (Eduard 1/48th) ...

Nieuport-Ni23-004_zps4063bed9.jpg

A quick return to the fold with a Harrier FA2 flown by the Royal Navy (Airifx 1/48th) ...

ZH813-006.JPG

My entry in West Middlesex Scale Model Club's Midsummer Madness night, a P-40 (Airfix Starter Kit), complete with silly mock splinter camouflage (just to be different) ...

P40_zps879edcba.jpg

You just can't get away from the main track, here's my last Harrier of the year, an AV-8B II NA flown by the USMC (Hasegawa 1/48th) ...

164128-006.JPG

And now for something completely different ...

"Eh-Oh!", my entry in to the West Middlesex Scale Model Club's 6 Month Challenge competition ... the kits are KP Model's Lavockin La-7 and a Letov S-16, in case you care ...

GJ39.JPG

And just finished, the Cutty Sark (Airfix Starter Set) ... which was my prize / forfeit* (delete as applicable) for winning with "Eh-Oh!" ...

CuttySark-004_zps41e51a11.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Merry Xmas and a Very Happy Model-Making New Year to you all.

Edited by ChocksAway
  • Like 3