Lola T.70 David Piper car in 1/24

Hi,

my latest build is the new Roaring Replicars kit of the Lola T.70

Just started this and still in the cleaning all the parts up stage. It is a wonderful kit, parts fit has been good so far, my take on it would be, makes a great model out of the box but there is scope for a lot of extra detail. I have already planned to add some 'extra touches' to several areas. Hope I can do the kit - and the car- justice.

This is what I intend the finished model to look (something) like,

Lola_T70_Mk3B_Mallory_Park_zpsb6fd0927.j

The progress so far, wheels and tyres are ready for painting at the weekend, the body may also get a light coat of primer to check for any areas requiring more work.

002_zpsc9032c27.jpg

Steve.

Yes, all resin with vac clear parts. Some very nice moulded detail once you get a close up on the parts. There are a few bits of filling to do, I am using Isopon car body filler and leaving it overnight to cure before sanding.

Hoping to get the body ready for painting by the weekend.

There is a top half of the engine moulded also. This can be detailed with fuel pipework and ignition wires. I need to get some clear tube for the fuel pipes.

• 3 weeks later...

Wheels and tyres painted and body in first guide coat of primer, time for a mock up. Fit of parts is superb and all wheels touch the work top on first try, unusual for a resin car kit!

002_zpsa3b7891d.jpg

The rear jacking frame/brace needs to be scratched from plastic rod......

001_zps9ae22928.jpg

Engine plug, wheels/tyres and frame all painted and ready to install.

008_zps70c2fe04.jpg

Body now painted and glazing vac-forms trimmed.

009_zps05616ab5.jpg

Very enjoyable so far.

Steve.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

nice progress on the lola, will we see it next weekend ?

I may bring it as a wip Richie. Hoping to get an update from Richard M on decals for this version. I really can't do any more on this one until it is decalled and clear coated.

Steve.