Colourful Javelin

TimB

I finally got to finish (or at least nearly) my Airfix Javelin, made as the Boscombe Down red/white XH897.

It was going to be OOB, but I ended up with 3 Master Hunter pitot probes, 2 Neomega seats, and a set of A2Zee's etched vortex generators. I also replaced the stall warners, added a conical gizmo to the port wing trailing edge and the camera port to the nose. The nose art decals were drawn in CorelDraw then printed on an inkjet - but I'm sure A2Zees will be better.

It's not perfect - I need to fix one error in the paint and redo the canopy framing - I tried to cheat with white decal film but do not like the effect. I also overdid some of the weathering a bit.

Enjoy!

Tim

UhxHGbH.jpg

ssPnuCZ.jpg

cKYXIN4.jpgNiHkXuv.jpgWK9F2EP.jpgj4Mte3X.jpgF0NUbkZ.jpg

Edited by TimB
Replace photobucket links with imgur
  • Like 37

I'm not a great fan of the Javelin but this is an excellent scheme and beautifully executed. You've gone some way to making me a convert!

Cheers,

Roger

Exactly how I felt. Your beautifully crafted model has made me think again.

That's a super rendition of XH897: you're far braver than I for tackling that colour scheme. Please can you expand a bit on what you did with the stall warners? I've (briefly) read Alley Cat's instructions but a word from someone who's been there would be greatly appreciated.