USS Arizona Hobbyboss 1:350

You have made a good job there out of a kit that i understand is a right pig to build. Being a beginner to shipbuilding myself who am I to critise , but can i suggest that in my opinion the hull red is a bit bright, all the same you have done a great paint job.

:goodjob:

Thanks for your comment, believe it or not, the cameras made the colours extra saturated as i have it set on a HDR mode for general use and forgot to switch it off. I agree that the hull looks too red but in the plastic its perfect. Regards

Nice job sir.

Did you find any issues with the build?

Hi and cheers, the kit was a pleasure to build and only 2 issues hindered me. First off, the decks proved a pain to get the colours right and, after keep adding another layer of slightly different shades, it began to get blobby in places so I spent ages rubbing them down and luckily was happy(ish) with the final result. The second thing were the 2 tripod towers. They were horrible and fiddly to build. Overall though, it was a nice build, it just took ages. Regards

Well glad you persevered with this build and overcame some of the problems with this kit.

I bet your well satisfied now Dan.

Maybe take some more pictures with the right setting to show off the true colours.

But like it :speak_cool:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Looks the part to me. :goodjob:

Was standing over her last week paying my respects. If you get the chance to visit Pearl Harbour do so. It's very thought provoking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment chaps, I'll definitely get more photos one day but I've got other builds happening so it'll have to wait. The drydock is decent but a better scene is really required. The problems where very frustrating but at least it's built. I'd love to go to pearl harbour, which is wierd as rusty shipwrecks give me shivers, but I doubt I ever will. Regards