Phantom conversion, USA to UK- Nearly there!

HL-10

On 03/02/2014 at 07:15, HL-10 said:

Thank you all very much for all the compliments and words of support, I appreciate them all very much.

I've been on a few other modelling forums but none beat this one!

I've been able to spend a lot of time on this project as I have been off sick from work for a couple of months so I have had plenty of free time.

If still at work, well this project would be no where near as advanced as it is.

Also the support and encouragement received from you all has helped me to keep going, especially when I was getting tired with all the sanding, filling, sanding again and refilling!

Again, thank you all very, very much!

In the mean time, I have noticed that nearly all RAF Phantoms on the ground use both rear and front access ladders for the crew.

Tamiya provide the front cockpit ladder in the kit, but there is no provision for the rear one.

I could not find any after market supplier so I decided to have a go at making my own.

Using Flightpath's 1/48th ladder as a guide I had a go at building one, and I am fairly happy with the results:

100_2921.jpg

screencapture

100_2923.jpg

image upload

A cote of paint is all that is needed now :)

Very nice job, as some have said proper modelling. Like you am a great believer in miliput, never let me down still can't understand why this hasn't been done as mainstream

Well done again 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just spent a most enjoyable hour going through this thread. Stunning work. Brilliant in fact!

Manufacturers, where are you all with a 1/32 RAF Phantom??

• Like 2