V-22 Osprey early prototype 1/48

jzsn

Hi guys, first time posting. Been on a buidling frenzy this year and this one is one of my better ones. I usually likes to employ unusuall or rare paint scheme, therefore an attempt to replicate an early Boeing prototype of the Osprey which was indicated for both the navy and the marine. This Italeri had a major fitting issue and the accuracy of the panel lines/rivets were subpar. I will try to post some of my other probjects later on including a hypothetical F-35B paintined in blue angel.

DSC01095_zpsbb14e78f.jpg

DSC01096_zps03e2155b.jpg

DSC01097_zps7a8b88b9.jpg

DSC01100_zps2babe4c8.jpg

DSC01107_zpsd6a8e09b.jpg

• Like 13

Nice job - I have one of these stashed away in the back of the stash. The re-pop with the slight changes, IIRC. Wonder what it would take to model an in-service machine? :hmmm:

Really great work, love the scheme! what decals did you use as I would like to do the same on my next one?

Mark

DSC01094_zps891c566f.jpg

Bought two sheets for this one. One just navy letters and numbers, and one Bell/Boeing V-22 Osprey, Part 1 (1/48 decals, XtraDecal 48119)

• 3 years later...

This is fantastic. I have been looking for a long time to find this model in the prototype setting, and colours.

I will gave it a try myself.

regards