Built for my pleasure 1/72 Jetranger not a prize winner but I like it

I was looking through the stash when I came across the old matchbox OH-58D and I thought to myself I wonder if I could make it look like a jetranger so I had a go and this is the result. It wont any prizes but it has given me great fun along the way. I have done everything by eye it has not been anywhere near a scale drawing. I wanted it to be recognisable as a Jetranger to anyone I am not fussed if the thing is far from perfect. I always say that my kits are best seen from 5 ft away well in this case make it 7ft.

jr1.JPG

jr2.JPG

My first conversion for many years. If anyone has the High skid esci jetranger and wants to part with it PM me

Rodders

• Like 4

I was looking through the stash when I came across the old matchbox OH-58D and I thought to myself I wonder if I could make it look like a jetranger so I had a go and this is the result. It wont any prizes but it has given me great fun along the way.

If you enjoyed it, and it looks like a Jet Ranger, then you have succeeded! I realized how my AMS has been turning off my son from building models. I put away my model and 'we' built his (a Pegasus Bf-109E-4 from his Godfather). The joy of clipping parts, sanding away nubs, pressing items together after some (non-toxic) liquid cement is applied, letting it dry one hour and playing with it before washing in soap and water to prep for primer (right bfore bed time) was a joy and quick too! Fun and joy, never mind the ill fit, inaccurate shapes, one piece canopy. Fun and joy. How I missed that!

If that is what you achieved with your build here, how I envy you!

:pilot:

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
  • Like 2

If you enjoyed it, and it looks like a Jet Ranger, then you have succeeded! I realized how my AMS has been turning off my son from building models. I put away my model and 'we' built his (a Pegasus Bf-109E-4 from his Godfather). The joy of clipping parts, sanding away nubs, pressing items together after some (non-toxic) liquid cement is applied, letting it dry one hour and playing with it before washing in soap and water to prep for primer (right bfore bed time) was a joy and quick too! Fun and joy, never mind the ill fit, inaccurate shapes, one piece canopy. Fun and joy. How I missed that!

If that is what you achieved with your build here, how I envy you!

:pilot:

Regards,

Thank you for your comment you are very kind (and all the other posters as well)

Rodders